Reacties
adityadixit

Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

New Modem setup: Blinking green light

Hi,

I am a new Ziggo customer for the ConnectBox. I installed the modem, see a green wifi signal and a blinking green base light. I see this as a query of many people on the forum. 

I scheduled an appointment for a technician today (11th Aug, 1700-2200). He dropped me a message, but did not arrive after 1700 (I am home and unlikely that I missed)

Can the team reschedule another appointment at the earliest since I'm out of WiFi for 2 weeks?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Hey @Carlien , @Jacob , @tobiastheebe,

My problem has been completely solved now by the technician. The wifi, ethernet and tv are all working. Thanks for helping me out over a long time!

Bekijk in context

21 Reacties 21
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

A continuously blinking green status LED usually means no/unusable (downstream) signal. While this may indeed require a technician appointment (to physically connect the main cable to the EV ('eindversterker' = final amplifier)) to resolve, we might be able to get the modem online without a technician:

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Additionally, could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data according to these instructions?

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.19.44 PM.jpeg

Somehow the step-by-step plan to login to my modem doesn't open. Directly entering 192.168.100.1/ isn't helping either. The downstream signal may not be present.

Any other way that I can access this?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

You are right, the translated version of the guide does not load properly. Have you tried 192.168.178.1?

If you are not going to connect a TV or set-top box, the splitter (POA-01-B) is redundant and the modem may be connected directly to the AOP. The outlet (btv 01-SET) is recent and has been installed no longer than a few years ago. It does appear that this outlet is in fact the AOP and no coax outlet is present in the meter cupboard?

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

I could get the upstream/downstream data by using a different device. It looks like this (no values)WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.46.12 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.46.13 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.46.13 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.46.13 PM.jpeg

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

As expected, no downstream signal.

Just to be sure, did you check the meter cupboard for the presence of a coax outlet?

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

I don't think this is a coaxial cable outlet. One side is glued downWhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.57.59 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 9.58.00 PM.jpeg

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Additionally, I do want to connect to the TV (through the Mediabox) and hence the splitter. Indeed the outlet box is new (in the living room) and nothing appears in the meterbox.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

In this case, clearly a technician appointment is required.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) can schedule an appointment and will visit this topic within 1-2 days.

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Alright. Thanks for your help @tobiastheebe!

I hope I am allotted an appointment soon and the moderator checks this thread at the earliest! 

Maud
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2197Posts
  • 230Oplossingen
  • 415Likes

Hey @adityadixit! Welcome on the Ziggo Community!

Too bad your modem is not working right now. I scheduled a technician for the 15th of August between 12.00 and 18.00. He will check everything! 

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Thanks @Maud! I'll keep you updated about the progress.

puppie

Level 17
  • 2638Posts
  • 66Oplossingen
  • 1065Likes

Nederlands zou leuk zijn om mee te kunnen lezen.

En de kpn aansluiting (oranje draad) is geen ziggo maar een glas aansluiting.

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Dear @Maud , @tobiastheebe 

My problem could not be solved inside the house. Also the technician couldn't reach the main box at the base of my building due to bushes growing around it (see image). These come under the municipality.

Can a better equipped technician make a visit? (with a face shield, thicket gloves and equipment to penetrate bushes)

I understand this is a weird problem, but any help will be appreciated.

PXL_20220815_112358305~2.jpg

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Not a weird problem at all. In fact, one of the amplifier cabinets in the street where I live is similarly enclosed by bushes, making it slightly more challenging to reach by a technician.

I have notified the moderators and requested scheduling another technician.

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Thanks, for your understanding. The technician also made a note of it. I hope such an equipped technician can be arranged, instead of getting the bushes removed (unlikely).

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

@adityadixit Thanks for the update. This is indeed a different kind of challenge. 

I first checked the mechanic's receipt. The following emerges: he indicates it has been agreed with you that you will discuss with the complex manager who will cut this and then call us again for a new appointment. 

The mechanic indicates that this should be pruned by a gardener. There is, according to the mechanic who was there before (outside) already indicated that he can't reach it. 

According to the mechanic, this has been discussed with you and you will discuss with the complex administrator how this is handled and who normally does this. If this has happened you can contact us again for an appointment. Everything inside is ready, according to the mechanic

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Thanks @Jacob . Yes indeed the mechanic's description is correct. I will discuss with the complex caretaker and let you know in 1-2 days.

adityadixit
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 5Likes

Hi @Jacob & @tobiastheebe ,

As promised, I solved the issue of approach to the meterbox (can be seen in the image). Now the technician can reach there and work on it. 

Could you please schedule a technician appointment for the earliest slot possible?

Thanks!

PXL_20220817_160829439.jpg

Carlien
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2455Posts
  • 261Oplossingen
  • 1165Likes

Ah amazing! I've scheduled a technician for Monday between 12.00-18.00!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic