i.ouwehand

Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Flashing green light on modem

My internet stopped working on Friday and it said there was maintenance in my area when I checked on Ziggo. Today it says there is no maintenance in the area but the modem continues to flash green. I have reset the modem and restarted it 4 times now with no change in result. It connects to my computer and phone but then says there is no internet when I try to utilize it. Please may you advise a solution or arrange an urgent technician? I am a student and not having wifi is affecting my ability to work.

12 Reacties 12
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

To evaluate your incoming and outgoing signal, can you post here from your modem the full pages of downstream and upstream values with a screenshot and last days Network history?

Where can I find the up and downstream values of my modem?
https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Tips-van-Ziggo/Waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaarden-van-mijn-modem/...

Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with any splitters and amplifiers and modem in the photo?

i.ouwehand
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you for this - I have tried to logon to look at the up/downstream values but it won't let me proceed without a Dutch phone number which I presently do not have.

What do you mean by this question: Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with any splitters and amplifiers and modem in the photo?

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

You do not need a Dutch telephone number to log in to the modem, only the password that is printed on your modem.

"What do you mean by this question: Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with any splitters and amplifiers and modem in the photo?"

A photo from the first place where Ziggo enters your home, usually that is a wall socket.

i.ouwehand
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you- I have attached pictures. It seems to be an issue with the upstream channel?

As advised I have also checked and re-inserted both the coax cable and splitter, as per Ziggo guidance. 

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

You don't show the pages from the downstream en upstream, click on it en place them here. 

You don't need the splitter if there is one cable, remove that en try again.

i.ouwehand
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I have also removed the splitter- this as made no difference, it continues to flash green

i.ouwehand
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Would Ziggo please be able to arrange a mechanic visit as soon as possible? It has almost been a week of wifi with no function that I am paying for and I my data has almost run out. Unfortunately I am unable to download the Ziggo app to access the chat function as it is not 'available in your area' (I hold a UK sim at present). Thank you @Bert for your help in the meantime.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

Tomorrow morning a Ziggo moderator will come by.

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

did you also check the electricity cupboard where power cables come in 

see if there is any sign of any ziggo/coax ?

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19180Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7281Likes

Goodmorning @i.ouwehand and a warm welcome to our Community,

I'm very sorry that all of sudden your internet stopped working! It's very good that you've started a thread to ask for help via this topic. I noticed that our experts @Bert and @MR_CHIP already started an analyses with you to rule out possibles causes in the indoor installation. I've also checked the connection for you and it seems that there's no signal at all when I try to check the modem. This problem can only be fixed by a mechanic. I've planned an appointment with a mechanic for tomorrow the 2nd of September 2022 between 8 and 13 o'clock. You are able to reschedule the appointment via Mijn Ziggo > Mijn Gegevens > Mijn Monteursafspraken in case this date doesn't suit you. Please let us know what your findings are after the visit form the mechanic. 

i.ouwehand
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you very much. I have scheduled this for a day I can do. Unfortunately, it only allows me to link a Dutch phone number- is there any way of your team providing the technician with my UK phone number please?

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19180Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7281Likes

@i.ouwehand You're welcome! I'm glad that you managed to reschedule the appointment to a different date which suits you better. In regards to your other question: is there any way of your team providing the technician with my UK phone number please? Can you tell me which number we should provide to the technician?

You can report this  by sending me a private message. You can do this by pressing "Berichten" on top of this page. Then press the "Orange and white notepad icon". Fill in my name after "Verzenden naar" 
Then complete the message and the requested fields with the correct information/data. As soon as I have the info, I'll inform our technician department about the foreign (mobile) number on which they can reach you. 

Uitgelicht topic