Beantwoord

Not able to install Ziggo Go app on IOS devices

Why is the Ziggo Go IOS app only able to be installed from the Dutch AppStore AND when you have a Dutch AppStore account? My AppStore account is in the UK, so I cannot install the app (you can't have 2 accounts for the same Apple ID, AFAICT).
I can understand it not working outside the Netherlands, and I'm fine with that (same as the BBC iPlayer only works in the UK). But I should be able to install it from anywhere. I should especially be able to install it when I'm in the Netherlands.
Not everybody lives in just one country now, chaps!
icon

Best beantwoord door Mark Ziggo 28 mei 2018, 14:58

Hi Jim, welcome to the Netherlands (and to our Ziggo Community :P),

The fact that our Ziggo GO app is only available in the Dutch appstores is not going to change. Just like I can't find the BBC iPlayer in the Dutch PlayStore.

However, after switching to the Dutch appstore you're still unable to install Ziggo GO because your AppleID is UK based. Correct?

Is there no option in your Apple ID to change your country of residence?
Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, start dan een nieuw topic.

15 Reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +35
@JimCooper The Ziggo Go aap works in de European Union everywhere.

Maybe a Ziggo moderator can look into it.
They come by in this community every 2 days in every topic in this customer helps customer forum.
I didn't say it didn't work. I said I couldn't install it. That's a separate issue, not related to whether or not the application works. I cannot download it from the AppStore. This is to do with decisions Ziggo has made regarding the AppStore, not to do with the coding of the application itself.

The app is not available in the UK version of the AppStore. I can change to the Dutch AppStore, but then I still can't download it because it complains that I do not have a Dutch account. I cannot have both a Dutch and a UK account with the AppStore with the same Apple ID.

The issue of a TV app "working" in other countries is mostly not a technical one (although there may be issues to do with demand levels, they're mostly solvable these days). It's mostly to do with licensing. So Netflix cannot, for example, necessarily allow all of its programmes to be seen in all countries. This applies within the EU, so the UK Netflix has different programmes from the Dutch one. This can apply even to subtitles, which is why some series of "The Bridge" did not have English subtitles when viewed in the Netherlands.

This was also a major concern with the BBC iPlayer app (of which I have first hand knowledge, having worked on it). That got complicated by licence fee issues as well.
Reputatie 7
Badge +35
I mean: The Ziggo Go aap works in de European Union everywhere.
Maybe a Ziggo moderator can look into it, so the Ziggo Go aap is also everywhere downloadable.
Reputatie 7
Badge +17
Hello @JimCooper,

Not everybody lives in just one country now, chaps!

Apparently, according to Apple, you can only live (= be registered) in one country and that country is used to decide what apps you can and can't download.
This is what's on the Apple community about it : (same issue, just other app and other country)

According to the "letter of the law" of the iTunes Store, you are not to purchase from a country other than the country in which you live. The reason being that you just might be trying to circumvent government restrictions, licensing or copyright laws if you buy from another country. If Apple is not allowed to sell content of a certain type in that country for these reasons, they do not want you skirting around the issue this way.

The fact that you can only download the app in the Netherlands might be a leftover from the time people were only allowed to use the app in the Netherlands. Since the law changed and you now can use the app in all EU, it makes sense to make the app downloadable in all EU countries aswell.

So i guess the only way to download it is to get Ziggo (the developer of the app) to publish it in all EU countries.

That's as easy as selecting or deselecting countries (see screenshot below which was for another country btw) , but has to be done by the developer.

So @Be rt is right that we have to bring this under a mods attention, so he can pass it to the right department.
Unfortunately, at this time there isn't much you can do, so i hope things can be solved quickly.

Edit : I found this on the web, it might work for you:
https://www.gadgetdaily.xyz/how-to-download-ipad-iphone-apps-from-other-countries/
Reputatie 7
Badge +14
ehehe ik wil niet vervelend doen hoor maar...........

Heeft hij wel een Ziggo abonnement ?

En waarom gaan jullie Engels terug typen ? ik ben van mening dat we op deze manier onze Nederlandse taal verkwanselen...waarom kan de topicstarter niet proberen Nederlands te tikken ? of op zijn minst Google vertalingen te gebruiken.
Wij passen ons altijd aan als we in het buiteland zijn waarom passen de buitelanders zich niet aan ons aan ?

Bovenstaande zeker of topic maar ik kan me er aarding aan irriteren.
Reputatie 7
Badge +17
@Ronihd
Het gaat niet om het wel of niet werken van de app maar om het al niet kunnen downloaden in de appstore. Wat op zich vreemd is want op basis van EU regels moet de app in heel de EU werken en dus ook te downloaden zijn.

Ik gebruik engels omdat het net even makkelijker is dan alles via Google translate te doen.
Vergeet ook niet dat sinds kort ook niet-ziggo abonnees op deze community kunnen posten.
Reputatie 7
Badge +26
@Ronihd
Het gaat niet om het wel of niet werken van de app maar om het al niet kunnen downloaden in de appstore. Wat op zich vreemd is want op basis van EU regels moet de app in heel de EU werken en dus ook te downloaden zijn.

Ziggo verkoopt zijn product alleen in Nederland. Waarom zou zou de app dan in het buitenland verkrijgbaar moeten zijn? De app werkt in de EU, maar hoeft niet overal verkrijgbaar zijn.
Reputatie 7
Badge +14
@Nick999

Waarom het gaat is mij duidelijk maar als je geen ziggo abonnement hebt dan heb je toch ook niks aan de app ? dus waarom zou je hem dan moeten kunnen downloaden in de b.v Engelse app store ?
Reputatie 7
Badge +17
TS geeft nergens aan dat hij geen mijn ziggo abonnement heeft. En sommige mensen verblijven tegenwoordig in meerdere landen vanwege werk.
Waar het uiteindelijk om gaat is dat Ziggo waarschijnlijk wel de app heeft aangepast zodat je nu in heel de EU kunt kijken, maar deze niet kunt downloaden. En dat moet gewoon opgelost.
Reputatie 7
Badge +35
@Ronihd schreef: "En waarom gaan jullie Engels terug typen ?"

Het gaat mij om de communicatie en praat en schrijf ik Engels of Duits als dit de communicatie bevorderd.
Het meest in het Engels, omdat dit de meest gebruikte taal is in de ICT en bij studenten all ove the world.
Nederlands is een *@*%#**&%$#@* moeilijke taal, er is geen Nederlander die hem foutloos kan.
Alle regelrommel eruit en er een makkelijke taal van maken, dan leren anderen hem ook veel sneller.
hello,
final settings take a look at achieved .... simplest aspect I nonetheless encountered changed into the time area, which changed into on l. a. ... positioned to Amsterdam and set the time / date again (which have been already correct but still). Then became iPad on and stale ... then it works once more ...!
regards
dirajmore

***mod edit, links verwijderd conform forum regels***
@Nick999
Yes, I know how to do the country thing too 🙂 But I don't think that can be the only setting, since it is also asking for a Dutch Apple account. I couldn't find out how they managed to do that. I'm a software developer too, BTW. I already understood about Apple's conditions, of course, but I assumed it would easier to ask Ziggo to fix this than to ask Apple to change their way of dealing with all their customers 🙂

I have only posted here because there is no way to email anyone at ziggo. I'm not a fan of twitter or facebook. Hopefully someone at Ziggo will see this...

@Ronihd
As you have clearly shown, your understanding of English is much better than my Dutch, which is only just OK for simple tasks, but this sort of thing is beyond me. Google Translate goes day turnips* every now and again. So for clarity I posted in English. I apologise for destroying Dutch culture along the way :(

* One of my colleagues used "tandjesrapen" one day, and Google Translate said it meant "day turnips" 🙂
Reputatie 7
Badge +17
@Nick999
... than to ask Apple to change their way of dealing with all their customers 🙂

I doubt you live long enough to make that happen. 😆

But the image i posted was merely meant for the mod who will pick this up (eventually)
Maybe @Serkan Ziggo or @Lycke Ziggo or one of their collegues can have a look at this and maybe forward the request to the devs.

Btw, i dont mind having a conversatiobn in English, since i almost hear it all day when gaming 🙂
Reputatie 7
Hi Jim, welcome to the Netherlands (and to our Ziggo Community :P),

The fact that our Ziggo GO app is only available in the Dutch appstores is not going to change. Just like I can't find the BBC iPlayer in the Dutch PlayStore.

However, after switching to the Dutch appstore you're still unable to install Ziggo GO because your AppleID is UK based. Correct?

Is there no option in your Apple ID to change your country of residence?
Ziggo customers can download most movies and series from the Movies & Series (XL) package to their smartphone or tablet.

The Ziggo Go app allows these downloads to be viewed anywhere in the world without an internet connection.

Content can be downloaded on up to two devices, including HBO titles, and will be available for a maximum of 30 days. Once viewing of the download has started, it will be saved for two days.