Is there any way to get speed above 100mbps in a bridge mode? I had an interesting conversation with support that they know that this is the case but don’t know will it be any different any time soon.
we can only provide you the speed you have right now.
That basically all I have.
Best beantwoord door Peter uit Amsterdam
I have a several types of Mikrotik devices and tested them with my Ziggo connection (first 500 and now 250 Mbit download). I found out the cheaper ones (ex.hAP Lite) don't have the power to handle really fast download speeds like 500 Mbit. I also encountered a 100 Mbit limit but it turned out to be "something” in my configuration. I never found what "something” was but I removed the limitation with a fresh install after a factory reset.
The advice I can give you is:
- Backup your router
- Reconfigure with default config after factory reset
- Do a speedtest to test/confirm if you have full speed or not
- Restore your router settings from backup
Some things you can check:
- Use fasttrack (fast-forward=yes) on your bridge
- Close WinBox connections or other config tooling for Mikrotik when testing
- Configure JUMBO frames on your LAN Ports (l2mtu=4064 mtu=4000)
- Check if you can copy files between LAN Ports with 1000Mbit speed. In windows explorer you should see something like copying file with 115Mb/s to validate this issue is not caused by cabling, computer network ports etc.