Vraag
Reacties
edwardjdriver

Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Can't find Ziggo GO app on Apple TV 4K

Hello everyone. I have a quick question to see if anyone else has encountered these same issues. 

I purchased an Apple TV 4K today (5th generation or first 4K unit) and one of the reasons we bought it was to stream Ziggo GO. However, when looking in the Apple App Store on the unit, we can't find the Ziggo GO app. We've tried everything on the TV and we can't find it. Unfortunately, we both have Android phones so we troubleshoot with another iOS device. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, how did you resolve? We are just trying to stream Ziggo GO on this TV. Thank you!

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
EnergieBoy

Level 19
  • 11405Posts
  • 577Oplossingen
  • 1871Likes

That's right, the Ziggo GO app is only available in the Dutch App Store of Apple TV. So you must have a Dutch ID with Apple if you want to be able to download and use the Ziggo GO app. A US account does not give access to the Dutch App Store of Apple and therefore it is not possible. You will then have to create a Dutch Apple ID and then sign up via the Dutch App Store.

Bekijk in context

8 Reacties 8
EnergieBoy

Level 19
  • 11405Posts
  • 577Oplossingen
  • 1871Likes

Hi @edwardjdriver 
The Ziggo GO app is simply in the list of all apps that you can download via the App Store on Apple TV. Search well because I have it myself and I just downloaded it, no problem. Learn more about finding apps on Apple TV here: https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/guide/tv/atvb5a7dd799/tvos 

Minimum requirements:
- Apple TV: 4th generation Apple TV (HD and 4K) at least TVOS version 11 or higher.

edwardjdriver
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi @EnergieBoy, thanks for your reply. We had an Apple TV in the US so I am very familiar with how to download apps (as well as other things) but my problem is here that Ziggo GO does not come up in a list of available apps. We've searched in every way we possibly could and still can't find it. 

EnergieBoy

Level 19
  • 11405Posts
  • 577Oplossingen
  • 1871Likes

That's right, the Ziggo GO app is only available in the Dutch App Store of Apple TV. So you must have a Dutch ID with Apple if you want to be able to download and use the Ziggo GO app. A US account does not give access to the Dutch App Store of Apple and therefore it is not possible. You will then have to create a Dutch Apple ID and then sign up via the Dutch App Store.

edwardjdriver
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

@EnergieBoy amazing advice. I'll try that shortly. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1322Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 664Likes

@edwardjdriver I am looking forward if you have tried this great suggestion of @EnergieBoy Was the try succesful? 

edwardjdriver
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

@Jos Yes, @EnergieBoy had the correct solution. Worked great. Will mark the response as the solution now!

Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1322Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 664Likes

That is great news, Edward! Thanks for the update and enjoy Ziggo GO!

EnergieBoy

Level 19
  • 11405Posts
  • 577Oplossingen
  • 1871Likes

Thank you for your information.
And have a great time with Ziggo GO 😉

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic