Vraag
Reacties
SunnyNetta

Level 2
  • 14Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Proper wall socket to connect MediaBox XL?

Hallo iedereen!

Ik wil de Mediabox XL in de woonkamer installeren en vraag me af hoe ik dat moet doen.

Er zijn wat coaxkabels (geen connectoren) in de muren van mijn appartementen gerouteerd en ik vraag me af of ik die voor Mediabox kan gebruiken. Van wat ik heb begrepen, zou ik een splitter in de meterkast moeten gebruiken (waar is het Ziggo-hoofdcontact en waar het modem zich bevindt). Op die aansluiting zou ik een bestaande coaxkabel moeten kunnen aansluiten via een extra connector, en dan een tv-wandcontactdoos in de muur kunnen installeren om de Medibox erop aan te sluiten. Is dat correct?

Zie de bijgevoegde foto's voor details.

Is dat zelf te doen? Kun je er onderdelen / gereedschappen / connectoren voor adviseren? Bij voorkeur links naar artikelen op bol.com.

Bedankt.

P.S. Ik spreek geen Nederlands (ben nog aan het studeren), hierboven is een Google Translate.

P.P.S. Not sure if Google translate did a good job. This is what I want to ask:

I want to install the Mediabox XL in the living room and wonder how to do that.

There are some coaxial cables routed (no connectors) in the walls of my apartments and I wonder if I can use those for Mediabox. From what I understand I should use a splitter in the meter cabinet (where is the main Ziggo socket, and where the modem is located). To that socket, I should be able to attach an existing coaxial cable via come additional connector, and then install some TV wall socket in the wall to plug the Medibox into it. Is that correct?

See the photos attached for details.

Is that doable by myself? Could you advise any parts / tools / connectors for it? Preferably, links to items at bol.com .

Thanks.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Jamyla
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5784Posts
  • 685Oplossingen
  • 2411Likes

@SunnyNetta

The engineer will finish the complete installation. If there is some extra work required, he will discuss this with you up front.

Bekijk in context

7 Reacties 7
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75167Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21920Likes

If you are a new customer of Ziggo, Ziggo will install all this for you for free. 

You have an installation guarantee from Ziggo for new customers and new equipment, even after a move.

You can order an installation technician here: Kies de juiste monteur (ziggo.nl)

SunnyNetta
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 14Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thank you. I'll contact them.

Jamyla
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5784Posts
  • 685Oplossingen
  • 2411Likes

@SunnyNetta

Welcome to our Ziggo Community platform.

If you prefer to contact us in English, that's not a problem at all. All of our colleagues are able to switch to English for our international customers.

Did you allready contacted my colleagues to scedule a installation appointment? If not, please apply your adress to your profile and inform us. In that case we will be able to scedule a appointment for you 🙂

SunnyNetta
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 14Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I already contacted Ziggo and scheduled the appointment, however because of other problem. Would be the visiting technician able to do extra job for mounting all connectors as discussed here, or would it require an additional visit?

Jamyla
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5784Posts
  • 685Oplossingen
  • 2411Likes

@SunnyNetta

The engineer will finish the complete installation. If there is some extra work required, he will discuss this with you up front.

SunnyNetta
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 14Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thank everyone for your participation. Issue resolved by engineer.

Meindert
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1437Posts
  • 217Oplossingen
  • 585Likes

That`s great news, @SunnyNetta ! Thank you for sharing the outcome. 
If you need any help again in the future, you know that we are always here on this Community. 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic