HondaTom

Level 2
  • 28Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Next Mini volume

Dear All,

Apologies for not writing in Dutch!

I just got the Next Mini, and I´m impressed that it can carry a tv-signal over wifi with no glitches. Also, I found the remote control signal to be much stronger than my old ziggo box, so that it responds, when I have the door closed to the closet, where I´ve placed it!

But there´s one thing I´m missing here: Being able to control the volume DIRECTLY on the Next Mini, and not so that it automatically takes over the volume control of my DENON amplifier, to which I´ve connected Next Mini via HDMI.
Why? Because the audio signal from the mini is much stronger than the other sources I have connected to the amp, meaning that every time that I switch to TV, I need to reduce the volume a lot and turn it up again, after watching TV.
If I could control the volume of the Next Mini without impacting my amplifiers volume and set it to a fixed lower volume, I would not have this problem.

Any advise?

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Steefb

Level 20
  • 15865Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7263Likes

@HondaTom  schreef:

But there´s one thing I´m missing here: Being able to control the volume DIRECTLY on the Next Mini, and not so that it automatically takes over the volume control of my DENON amplifier, to which I´ve connected Next Mini via HDMI.

Any advise?

Both the NEXT and the MINI NEXT don't have a volume control, what you want is impossible.

Bekijk in context

9 Reacties 9
Rick.

Level 6
  • 79Posts
  • 6Oplossingen
  • 4Likes

There is a setting on the Next Mini that allows you to choose whether the volume buttons control the volume of the TV or a soundbar/system. If you set this to TV, you should be able to control the volume of the TV instead of the sound system. Not sure if this setting is available/works if you have connected the Next Mini to your soundbar instead of your TV though.

Alternatively, did you check if your amplifier has the option to set relative volume offsets (+/-) per HDMI input, so you could turn down the input that your Next Mini is connected to?

Steefb

Level 20
  • 15865Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7263Likes

@HondaTom  schreef:

Any advise?

Both the NEXT and the MINI NEXT don't have a volume control, what you want is impossible.

puppie

Level 17
  • 2637Posts
  • 66Oplossingen
  • 1063Likes
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75167Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21922Likes

@puppie  schreef:

@HondaTom  je kunt dit gebruiken https://translate.google.com/?hl=nl

@puppie Dan weet je nooit zeker of je boodschap wel goed vertaald wordt.

Google vertaald niet altijd even precies wat je bedoeld.

puppie

Level 17
  • 2637Posts
  • 66Oplossingen
  • 1063Likes

maakt niet uit. dan kunnen wij nog altijd om aanvullende informatie vragen.

En zo leert men ook de nederlandse taal eerder.

HondaTom
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 28Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thanks SteefB, that´s the answer then! 😞

HondaTom
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 28Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

The thing about controlling the TV won´t help me, since the audio goes through the beforementioned amp, but I´ll check the amplifier for what you´re suggesting although I think it´s not possible, but it´s a good idea!

Rick.

Level 6
  • 79Posts
  • 6Oplossingen
  • 4Likes

Is connecting the Next Mini directly to the TV an option, with TV audio output going through the amp and letting the Ziggo remote control the TV volume?

HondaTom
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 28Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Rick.,

No, there´s no such thing as an audio output on the TV, but thanks!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic