Vraag
Reacties
DrXavierIyke

Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

English Commentary in Sports

In the past, Ziggo used to have English commentary on sports channels but now all those English options have disappeared. I find it odd though. I used to watch my Soccer and NFL and NBA games in English but now even when I try to change the language options, it still remains Dutch... Mtcheeeew....

Its odd though... Ziggo needs to bring this back... 

Oplossingen

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
jenson

Level 10
  • 440Posts
  • 35Oplossingen
  • 167Likes

All "Ziggo Sport" channels have 2 audio streams.

Use the Audio menu.

Mediabox Next:

1. Nederlands

2. Standaardtaal 

If you set Menu language to English in your profile:

1. Dutch

2. Original

Ziggo GO:

1. Nederlands

2. Interlingua | ina

Frequently there is an alternate language on choice 2.

On the ESPN channels there is only 1 audio stream, so no choice.

Bekijk in context

iMark

Level 16
  • 1859Posts
  • 141Oplossingen
  • 715Likes

Apparently it's a rights/money issue. The English FA Cup still had optional commentary in English last time I watched some live footage. The issue was first discussed in November 2019: https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/TV-Radio/Geen-Engels-commentaar-voetbal-wedstrijden/m-p/89712#M25483 

It seems it has gotten even worse. It started with no more English commentary for Premier League football. Now there are even fewer options with many other sports. Not good. 

Bekijk in context

14 Reacties 14
ziggpiet

Level 8
  • 214Posts
  • 7Oplossingen
  • 63Likes

if you mean ziggo sport you are correct only Dutch on both audio tracks 

on ziggo go app this is not the case sofar I know .

DrXavierIyke
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Does the app actually have the English?

ziggpiet

Level 8
  • 214Posts
  • 7Oplossingen
  • 63Likes

Yes there is in app = instellingen  taal tap taal 

Screenshot_20220112-023013_Ziggo GO.jpg

ziggpiet

Level 8
  • 214Posts
  • 7Oplossingen
  • 63Likes

Screenshot_20220112-023432_Ziggo GO.jpg

DrXavierIyke
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks a lot for the response... But I actually meant in-game commentary in English... Ziggo has removed that option... It used to be available... I didn't mean the app language   

ziggpiet

Level 8
  • 214Posts
  • 7Oplossingen
  • 63Likes

Maybe they not have rights over that 

Don't know NBA on espn will have second channel English when I had ESPN audio often was set to English  during game maybe @Ziggo  can clarify this is NBA and NFL in english through app or media box?

DrXavierIyke
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

I would think they have the rights when they also have the rights to show the game... I have Ziggo sports and ESPN... Back in the day they used to have the English commentary on foreign games but now just the Dutch.. and sometimes the language option is not even present... 

jenson

Level 10
  • 440Posts
  • 35Oplossingen
  • 167Likes

All "Ziggo Sport" channels have 2 audio streams.

Use the Audio menu.

Mediabox Next:

1. Nederlands

2. Standaardtaal 

If you set Menu language to English in your profile:

1. Dutch

2. Original

Ziggo GO:

1. Nederlands

2. Interlingua | ina

Frequently there is an alternate language on choice 2.

On the ESPN channels there is only 1 audio stream, so no choice.

DrXavierIyke
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks for the message but none of the options work.. I do think that Ziggo has removed the ability to have the English commentary on different sports games... Like I said, in the past the English option was there when you wanted to switch to English Audio but that does not exist anymore... Like @ziggpiet said, both audios are in dutch even the INA also... This just sucks.. one cannot truly enjoy the game no more... Weird that they changed it anyway... Used to be just fine... 

jenson

Level 10
  • 440Posts
  • 35Oplossingen
  • 167Likes

Ziggo Sport

13 jan 22: 09:00-13:00 WTA Tennis

Dutch and English commentary.

Ziggo Sport Golf

Dutch and English commentary.

DrXavierIyke
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

English Premier League
NBA
NFL
African Championship

ALLLLL DUTCH.... Used to have English... But no more... 

iMark

Level 16
  • 1859Posts
  • 141Oplossingen
  • 715Likes

Apparently it's a rights/money issue. The English FA Cup still had optional commentary in English last time I watched some live footage. The issue was first discussed in November 2019: https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/TV-Radio/Geen-Engels-commentaar-voetbal-wedstrijden/m-p/89712#M25483 

It seems it has gotten even worse. It started with no more English commentary for Premier League football. Now there are even fewer options with many other sports. Not good. 

DrXavierIyke
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 7Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Ohhhh that explains it.... Not good at all.... But thanks a lot for your explanation. At least I know the real reason now. Odd that they can have access to the match but not the commentary... Very weird... 

jenson

Level 10
  • 440Posts
  • 35Oplossingen
  • 167Likes

https://www.vodafoneziggo.nl/nieuws/ziggo-klanten-krijgen-espn-kanaal-standaard-tv-pakket/

Naast voetbal biedt ESPN dagelijks een selectie van sportnieuws, documentaires, sportfilms, en live verslagen van Amerikaanse sportwedstrijden uit o.a. de National Basketball Association (NBA) en National Football League (NFL), vaak met Nederlands commentaar. In februari is het grootste sportspektakel uit de Verenigde Staten op ESPN te zien: de Super Bowl.

"vaak met Nederlands commentaar"

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic