Vraag
Reageer en help mee
its meJJ

Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

2 ziggo subscriptions, connecting cables?

Hello, I live in a house that is divided into 3 apartments. a few months ago I decided to put Ziggo Internet and TV with two Pods, my internet is connected to a Pod and the TV works very well, a few days ago the TV didn't work a technician was called who said there was another Ziggo (attic) connected in the same house (but only with internet). the other Ziggo internet is also connected to the POA-01-B with a green and red cable connected to the FRA-752X 1218 MHz Ziggo (geschikt antenne coax versterker) (nieuwste 2022 model) and mine is connected to the POA and my modem, in this amplifier are connected 4 cables one that comes from the POA and the others (Hirschmann - Koka-9 Modem) that comes from the ground. the other houses are on the ground floor and in the attic and have a coaxial box with two entrances. my question is:
Is it possible for them to see Television (from my subscription) by connecting a cable through coax?
Is it possible for the ground floor to have internet or to watch TV by connecting the coaxial cable?

32 Reacties 32
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

The AOP (main outlet) has a POA-01-B splitter attached to it. Your modem is connected directly to the splitter, while the other apartments are connected to the FRA-752X amplifier. Correct?

Other tenants will be able to connect their own modem and/or TV and use the shared signal originating from the single AOP. Ideally however, they should all have their own AOP.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

there is only one APO connected to the cabinet (water, light etc) in this APO my router (white) is on and there is one more green cable that connects to the amplifier in this amplifier there are 3 more cables connected ((Hirschmann - Koka-9 Modem) .Only one apartment has another router like mine but in your house, the other one doesn't have internet or tv, but the other apartments in your house have a coax I would like to know if with a cable it is possible for them to connect to mine internet or watch digital TV using cable

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

because I have a contract with ziggo TV and NET and the other apartment has a contract only with NET and the other apartment has nothing, when I went to Ziggo they said there could only be one Ziggo per house and when they put theirs in it was when TV started having problems and the internet connection.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Sharing your modem's internet connection with the other apartments' coax outlets requires MoCA and is not possible with the current setup. Sharing digital TV (DVB-C) will work, provided the apartments receive a sufficient power level from the amplifier.

Multiple subscriptions (and modems) require multiple physical addresses.

The other tenants' modem might be interfering with your equipment. This is why all apartments should ideally have their own AOP/demarc, which provides isolation.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

sorry Tobias I didn't understand your answer well, by that you mean that it is almost impossible for them to access my internet but is it possible to see my TV due to the amplifier where the 3 cables are? because the technician also didn't realize the reason for having 3 cables connected to the amplifier, I'll send photos so you can see and I can be more clarified, I don't want other houses other than mine to have access to my internet or my tv

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

The coax setup is exactly as I imagined.

Using their coax outlets, the other tenants are unable to access your internet connection, but they are able to receive digital TV, since the latter is broadcast without restrictions and only requires a physical coax connection. You would have to find out which cable on the amplifier connects to which apartment.

Are you sure that one of the other apartments has a Ziggo modem connected? It could be a DSL modem as well.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

yes they have a white router (ARRIS) just like mine, and at Ziggo they have a contract made for the same address but only with internet (Ziggo's words) so the technician was here and said he would report to Ziggo that something was not right in relation to the 3 cables that are connected, if the green cable is connected to the amplifier, only this one was enough for the attic to have internet or am I wrong? there has to be a way for Ziggo to block this because I'm pretty sure they're using my TV at least, or else I'll have to cancel my TV subscription and I'll only have the internet. Anyway, at Ziggo's store there was talk about this subject and they said that without our house nobody could use the TV and the internet, whenever they get home the internet is slower and the TV appears a warning and I have to Go down there, turn off and turn on the modem again.
now my question is:
- in these three cables two of them are being used but not for my house(tv) right?
-And how can I know which cable I should disconnect?
-is it possible for another technician to come to check this or can you tell me in advance if I can do a test and disconnect the cables?
-Is this amplifier really necessary for me to watch TV?
-is it legal to have both subscriptions/routers in the same house?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes
  • The other apartments have access to digital TV (DVB-C) using your amplifier. Only way to prevent this is by physically disconnecting them from the amplifier, leaving only your outlet connected. However, this will cause the Arris modem in the other apartment to go offline.
  • You may find out which cable connects to your outlet by switching on your TV and disconnecting the cables one by one, until your TV displays a 'no signal' or similar error message.
  • An amplifier is recommended when connecting two or more TVs and/or 10+ meter cable lengths. It may not be required if only your TV is connected, but the respective cable cannot be connected to the splitter directly, since it uses an F connector, while the splitter uses IEC connections. This requires an IEC female to F female adapter.
  • All (consumer) subscriptions should be used by separate physical addresses with their own demarc/AOP.
  • All Ziggo subscription types include FTC digital TV. Even if you order the 'Internet Only' subscription, DVB-C will still be broadcast along with DOCSIS for the modem.
its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

good morning Tobias, so I'm going to do the test today and disconnect the remaining cables, last question I hope... when the technician was called it was because the black cable that connects the amplifier was disconnected and that's when the neighbor said that because of that he there was no internet. my question is why does he need to connect a cable to my APO (came in my Ziggo box) and to the amplifier? And by chance I didn't pay for the technician to come but that was more than a month ago and he couldn't see it while I said that when I set up the Ziggo those cables were not connected to the amplifier and suddenly they are, someone could be enjoying the my tv for months. is not fair!
' However, this will cause the Arris modem in the other apartment to go offline.' - Why doesn't the neighbor have an APO just for him? because I am thinking of connecting my cable (connected to the modem directly to the OPA) and removing my APO and removing the two cables from the amplifier and he will have to call a technician because as I told you something here is illegal

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

The amplifier requires power to correctly pass the signal to the outgoing connectors/taps. Because the neighbor's coax outlet is connected to your amplifier, disconnecting the amplifier's power supply will cause no signal to be present on their outlet.

The technician was likely the one who (re)connected the amplifier and the outgoing cables to the apartments, as a temporary solution. The other apartments should really have their own drop cable pulled from the EV ('eindversterker' = final amplifier) on the street.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Im sorry Tobias but not a temporary but a esy one because he forget to check if this house have more contracts to see the tv as well , I think we finally found a solution so not to give a technician the trouble to come here to assemble a cable for them outside the house I just unplug the two cables and only one stays on which is from my tv right? and I leave the cable (green/red) that connects  my APO to the amplifier on (I think it's just for their internet) and so no one enjoys my internet or my tv

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

If you leave just the cable to your outlet connected on the amplifier, the other apartments will no longer have access to digital TV, but the other modem will go offline as well. Blocking only digital TV (DVB-C) to the apartments is not possible.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

my head is confused, so what should i do is go to ziggo and ask them to remove my tv from my subscription because i already went there and they didn't solve nor knew how to answer and another technician came here and just wrote my name on a cable! I thought that it was enough for one of the cables to be connected to APO and to the amplifier for them to have their internet and another cable connected to my APO for my modem, in this case I thought that the amplifier connected my tv because I don't know where my tv is connected I have a black cable connected to the coax and the Pod connected to a CAT5 Ethernet cable. they have an extender because on wifi I can see two internets with the same name but one of them says EXT at the end. But anyway, I'm going to cancel my TV.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

As mentioned before: all Ziggo subscription types include FTC digital TV. Even if you order the 'Internet Only' subscription, DVB-C will still be broadcast along with DOCSIS for the modem.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

What do you need for digital cable TV?
You also need this to watch digital television on your second, third and fourth device without a receiver:

-A Ziggo TV subscription (which they don't have)
A television with an integrated DVB-C tuner.
A good quality coaxial cable. You can recognize them by the Kabel Keur logo.

In this case, if DBD-C continues to be broadcast, it will no longer be my problem, but Ziggo's, but I won't be paying 73 euros to have TV for the neighborhood!

I don't see any solution in these answers, if I disconnect the cable that is in MY APO, the neighbor has nothing (which is not my problem) if I disconnect the amplifier cables, the neighbor has nothing (which is not a problem mine) if I cancel my TV subscription, the neighbors still have TV (which is not my problem). Tomorrow I'll go to Ziggo to cancel the subscription so far I'm satisfied with the internet so I'm just with the internet.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

The quoted text is not completely correct. Watching FTC (Free to Cable) DVB-C channels simply requires a physical connection to Ziggo's infrastructure, a (TV) subscription is not required. Your current setup is unusual, in the sense that you are sharing it with other tenants, enabling them to access digital TV, regardless of whether they are Ziggo customers with an active subscription. Normally, customers without an active subscription will still have access to DVB-C for a certain amount of time, but they may be disconnected at any given time by a technician who happens to be performing maintenance on the EV.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

I even understand why when the black cable was disconnected the TV continued to play but whenever I changed the channel the warning appeared.

' Your current setup is unusual, in the sense that you are sharing it with other tenants, enabling them to access digital TV, regardless of whether they are Ziggo customers with an active subscription'

From what I understand you agree with me that it is not fair that I am paying 38 Euros for now, which is nothing but for the year 73Euros and the remaining ones have TV, as there is no physical solution I will go to Ziggo tomorrow to change my subscription just to not cancel it for good because I am very annoyed with this situation that has been going on since May at least.

thank you for your patience and your help.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

On Ziggo's set-top box (Mediabox), DVB-C is only used for linear (live) TV. Disconnecting the coax cable has no effect on other services.

I do agree that the other apartments should not have access to services which you are paying for, but the other apartment with a Ziggo modem currently has no other choice.

its meJJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 20Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

no, i mean the cable down there that connects the plug in to the amplifier, when it was turned off the tv stopped working and the neighbor had no internet and certainly no tv (live) either. as I don't know which cable on the amplifier I use, what are the other 3 for and I can't take out my APO because if I take it out and connect the modem directly to the OPA it's gone... nothing, my only solution already pointed out is to deactivate the TV because if I was sure that the other Ziggo client only had access to the internet, it would be one thing, but knowing that the two apartments (one without any subscription at all) with a ziggo coax cable comes with TV is another story.
if the coax cable (green/red tip) was connected at 0 dB and another coax cable F was at 2dB for example I would know that it would be my apartment by the meters but if it is one at for example 1dB (ground floor) and 3 dB it would be for the attic. anyway I don't bother you anymore tomorrow I'll deactivate it

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic