mislav1

Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Cannot access my original Community account

I first logged into Community last week as @mislav. I believe I had logged in via Mijn Ziggo (where I believe I now log in with my Vodafone account. all of this is very confusing).

This week, when I tried to log into Community via Mijn Ziggo, it offers me to create a new Community account. If I choose `mislav` as username, it tells me that this username has already been taken. I've tried several times, including the password reset option on the Community site, but I cannot seem to access the original @mislav account anymore.

Could somebody look into this, make sure that @mislav is linked to Mijn Ziggo account of the same email address, and delete the `mislav1` account that I've just created to post this? Thank you.

5 Reacties 5
Alex
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8992Posts
  • 1059Oplossingen
  • 4003Likes

Hi @mislav1,

That's a confusing situation indeed! After deleting your Mijn Ziggo account, this can happen. It loses the link to the Community-account. It shouldn't happen when merging your accounts. I'm a bit confused by the situation myself.

If it's fine by you, I want to delete your current My Ziggo-account (again). Afterwards you can expand your My Vodafone once again with a new My Ziggo, and make a 3rd account for the Community with those login credentials. That way I can link your old @mislav account back to your current Mijn Ziggo-account. Afterwards, I'll delete both Mislav1 and Mislav2 (or whatever you will call the third).

Let me know!

mislav1
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Not sure I understand, but ok! Delete whatever you need to delete and I'll try logging in here again with a 3rd community account. But, I won't be able to use the exact same email address as my Vodafone/Mijn Ziggo account, since `@mislav` already uses that address within Community.

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

It's a bit of a dance and trick to get everything in order. Your Mijn Ziggo account has just been deleted. You can now register for a new Mijn Ziggo account. Once you've done that, please let me know here. I'll then be able to connect your @mislav account to your new Mijn Ziggo account 🙂

mislav1
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I've tried to create a new Mijn Ziggo account (with the old email address), but I get this:

“Er bestaat al een account met dit e-mailadres. Check welke optie bij jouw situatie past. Dan helpen we je verder.
1. Je hebt al een Mijn Ziggo account

2. Je bent ook Vodafone klant

3. Je hebt nog helemaal geen My Vodafone of Mijn Ziggo account waarmee je inlogt met deze e-mail”

So is there a Mijn Ziggo account with that email address, or isn't there? I'm confused. I'm not particularly tied to my Ziggo Community accounts, so you are welcome to delete my existing `@mislav` and `@mislav1` accounts. I would just like to be simply able to log in or sign up, without any email address hacks, to Ziggo Community account in the future if I will need support help again.

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Hi @mislav1,

You mean that you want to use that e-mail address for a new Mijn Ziggo account? 
That mailaddres must be different than the email address that you use for MyVodafone.

If you want to use the same mail address, than you have to expand your MyVodafone.
In MyVodafone you can add Mijn Ziggo.
Than you''ll have 1 account for Mijn Ziggo and MyVodafone. 

Uitgelicht topic