AmirJ

Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

unstable internet with many disconnects

I have been using internet from Ziggo for years in my current house, but since around 1 month ago, my internet connection is very unstable and I get disconnects at least once an hour. I have attached the picture of the setup in the cabinet and also the readings from my router.

I request your help to debug the problem.
Thanks

Ziggo_ds1.pngZiggo_ds2.pngZiggo_setup.JPGZiggo_us.png

15 Reacties 15
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Your Upstream power is much to high.

Can you plug the modem cable directly into the wall socket?

This is to see if the splitter may be faulty or if the cause is more external. 

Then show here the Upstream values again.

AmirJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

I plugged modem directly to the outlet from the wall and restarted the modem. It's been like this for 1-2 hours. Here is the new upstream log:Ziggo_us2.png

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

That looks a lot better, but remains too high to put a splitter in between.

Ziggo will have to look into this.

This is a customer help customer forum where Ziggo moderators come by almost every working day in every topic.

Make sure that your zip code and house number are in your Ziggo community profile, they cannot be seen publicly, so the correct information can be obtained immediately.

After clicking on the link below, scroll down on the next page: https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Marijn-
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 626Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 152Likes

Hi @AmirJ, first of all, a warm welcome to our Community! Hopefully, we can get you your stable connection back soon 🙂

From what I can see, your signal has gone through quite the improvement thanks to @Bert 's advice. Have you experienced issues again after changing the installation?

I'm going to keep my eye on your signal for the next few days. I've started a more accurate measurement when it comes to the signal so we can get a better idea of what's going on. 

If you ever notice instability or disconnects over the next few days, please let me know 🙂 

AmirJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi Martijn,
Thank you for the kind words and swift reply!
After bypassing the splitter, the internet quality has improved and I have not had a problem so far (almost a day). Thanks to @Bert .
However, as you know, my TV connection is out of the loop now and bypassing the splitter seems to be a temporary solution. I look forward to hearing more from you whether you found out any other problem and about a longer term solution.
I will share here if I notice disconnects in the coming days. Thanks 🙂

Marijn-
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 626Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 152Likes

Hi @AmirJ, I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any problems thus far! 

It is definitely just a temporary solution, since you still need to be able to watch TV 😉

I will send you a new splitter to use directly onto the wall socket.

If that doesn't help, we need to send over a technician to sort out the signal, so you can safely use it in combination with a splitter. 

AmirJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Alright, I will be waiting for the new splitter. After installing, I'll let you know about the status here.

AmirJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi @Marijn- ,
Today, I received the new splitter from Ziggo. It's a POA-01-B. However, the TV connection from the wall is not compatible with it. Please have a look at the attached pictures. Using the new splitter (though without TV being connected), I don't see any disconnect or stability problem on internet.Received_splitter.JPGTV connection.JPG

Marijn-
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 626Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 152Likes

@AmirJ Oh dear, I'll send you a new cable for the TV right away! I'm glad you haven't experienced any issues so far - let's hope it stays that way! 🙂

AmirJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hello again,
I have to make another update here. Unfortunately, starting this week, my internet connection is unstable again. I am using the new splitter but still without TV connection and unfortunately the upstream power has gone up again (please have a look at the attached table). I have not changed the setup since last Thursday when the connection was fine. What should I do now?Ziggo_us3.png

Marijn-
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 626Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 152Likes

Hi @AmirJ, that isn't very good news! Haven't you received the cable yet? What kind of instability have you experienced? I do see that there's been a slight change in the signal, you are experiencing some noise. I scheduled an appointment with a technician for you for upcoming Friday 10 September between 12:00 and 18:00. If this time doesn't suit you, you can change it in MijnZiggo. Hopefully we can improve your signal via this way! 

AmirJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi Marijn,
I got disconnected from internet 3 times in less than an hour this morning. I get low connection speed as well.
I received the cable from Ziggo last night but have not used it for 2 reasons:
1- I have the problems above, even without the TV in the loop. I thought using the cable can only make things worse
2- I am not sure if I received the right cable. Basically, I don't know how this cable can help my case. Here is the picture of the cable I received and the pictures from the conversations above (repeated for convenience):
The cable received:
cable_received.JPG
The TV connection from the wall:
TV connection.JPG
and the output on the splitter:
Received_splitter.JPG
Anyways, thank you for setting up the appointment. Friday works fine for me.

Marijn-
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 626Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 152Likes

@AmirJ That's a shame! If I send you a different cable it won't arrive before the technician will visit, so it might be better to get the new cable straight from the technician 🙂 

Marijn-
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 626Posts
  • 21Oplossingen
  • 152Likes

Hi @AmirJ, how did the appointment with the technician go? 🙂 

AmirJ
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi Marijn,
The technicians visited last week and the week before. They have checked the infrastructure outside and changed some parts including the box before the connection to splitter. So far my internet connection is fine 🙂 I hope it stays like this as they said they cannot do much more if the problem returns 😟
In either case, thank you for your help! 🙂

Uitgelicht topic