ordinaryperson

Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 4Likes

mystery cable

Hallo allemaal ziggo community  🙂

I am very new to ziggo, and my dutch is very limited, excuseer mijn beperkte nederlands!

i would like to ask your helpen 🙂

ik heb een vraag voor deze kabel, oud kabel? het is belangrijk? will it affect the internet connection?

dankjewel!WhatsApp Image 2022-01-11 at 17.32.27.jpeg

8 Reacties 8
tobiastheebe
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 5787Posts
  • 327Oplossingen
  • 1918Likes

It seems that a passthrough TV/R socket ('rijgdoos') was installed in the past, which was subsequently removed. This will not cause any problems if disconnected.

Are you currently using Ziggo services?

Could you post one or more pictures of AOP (main socket inside utility closet ('meterkast') or in living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

ordinaryperson
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 4Likes

Hi @tobiastheebe Tobias,

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it!

I will get the picture for you tomorrow as I am not in the house at this time, I just registered as a customer ziggo today just want to make sure That the old cable is not going to interfere with my ziggo internet. I will post the picture tomorrow and it is in my living room Thank you once again!🙂

🙂

ordinaryperson
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 4Likes

Hi Tobias @tobiastheebe 

as promised, sorry for the delay, here are the pictures of the cable and the things you requested.WhatsApp Image 2022-01-13 at 16.44.18.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-01-13 at 16.44.17(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-01-13 at 16.44.17.jpeg

please do let me know what you think and if this is okay 🙂

Thank you once again!

tobiastheebe
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 5787Posts
  • 327Oplossingen
  • 1918Likes

This is an outdated AOP, probably a VQ633/VQ643, which requires replacing by a technician (free of charge).

A moderator (Ziggo employee) will visit this topic within 1-2 days to schedule an appointment.

Please fill out your address details on this page, these are visible to moderators only.

ordinaryperson
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 4Likes

Hi Tobias @tobiastheebe  I already made an appointment 🙂 so in conclusion the very first picture (TV/R socket ('rijgdoos') ) will not affect my internet connection, am I right? 🙂

Thank you once again Tobias! you are fantastic!

tobiastheebe
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 5787Posts
  • 327Oplossingen
  • 1918Likes

As long as neither of these two cables are in some way connected to the AOP socket, they will not cause any problems. This will be verified by the technician.

Actually, I think these cables belonged to the old CAI ('Centrale Antenne Inrichting') infrastructure, which would have been disconnected many years ago.

Once the AOP socket has been replaced and your modem is online, you could post the downstream/upstream data here, these will allow us to verify signal strength/quality.

ordinaryperson
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 4Likes

Hi @tobiastheebe  Tobias!

Thank you I will do that once everything is done! 

I really appreciate your help!! 

have a lovely weekend!

tobiastheebe
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 5787Posts
  • 327Oplossingen
  • 1918Likes

Thanks for your kind words, glad to help. Looking forward to an update on the technician appointment and signal data.

Uitgelicht topic