Vraag
Reacties
iamkarlson

Level 1
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Ziggo cut the speed down to 100mb if you are using bridge mode and not solving it.

Hi guys, 

Is there any way to get speed above 100mbps in a bridge mode? I had an interesting conversation with support that they know that this is the case but don’t know will it be any different any time soon.

we can only provide you the speed you have right now.

That basically all I have.

24 Reacties 24
DennyW

Level 17
  • 3150Posts
  • 251Oplossingen
  • 921Likes
DennyW wrote:

Hi @iamkarlson ,
What speed do you get when you only connect a PC to the Ziggo-modem, instead of the Microtic? You’ve have to reboot the modem for this.
Did you’ve already checked the cable?

Ziggo ‘s speed test is unreliable; use the one hahh suggested  instead.  

Hi @iamkarlson 

Don't know whether you've tried a speed test with only a PC connected to the Connectbox modem.

Now you’ve upgraded the Microtic, perhaps should probably reboot the Connectbox or even better give it a reset to its factory defaults. (Press and hold the reset button 20 -30 sec.)
It maybe takes a while before it gets to live again and it's a bit of a hassel but it's often worth the trouble.

Alternatively you could spoof your MAC address forcing the Ziggo system / the Connectbox to initiate a fresh configuration for the network connection. (A reboot of the Connecion is then also requared.)

efok

Level 17
  • 4014Posts
  • 219Oplossingen
  • 1594Likes

@Gusto  @iamkarlson It seems you guys first need to negotiate about how to communicate, just like your NIC

Ronihd

Level 18
T.E.A.M.
  • 8181Posts
  • 311Oplossingen
  • 3210Likes

My English is not that good so I use google translate.

This problem is very similar to the fact that the microtec is not communicating properly with the network card to which it is connected.
That 100 Mb advertising is that walking towards the modem?

If so, try another cable (or have you already tried?) Then the network card / connection in the modem may be defective? or in the router itself?
If not and it takes place on the LAN connections of the router, you should also look there for network card settings of your using devices and check for the utp cables.

Peter uit Amste

Level 1
  • 15Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi @iamkarlson ,

I have a several types of Mikrotik devices and tested them with my Ziggo connection (first 500 and now 250 Mbit download). I found out the cheaper ones (ex.hAP Lite) don't have the power to handle really fast download speeds like 500 Mbit. I also encountered a 100 Mbit limit but it turned out to be "something” in my configuration. I never found what "something” was but I removed the limitation with a fresh install after a factory reset. 

The advice I can give you is:

1. Backup your router
  2. Reconfigure with default config after factory reset
  3. Do a speedtest to test/confirm if you have full speed or not
  4. Restore your router settings from backup

Some things you can check:

1. Use fasttrack (fast-forward=yes) on your bridge
  2. Close WinBox connections or other config tooling for Mikrotik when testing
  3. Configure JUMBO frames on your LAN Ports (l2mtu=4064 mtu=4000)
  4. Check if you can copy files between LAN Ports with 1000Mbit speed. In windows explorer you should see something like copying file with 115Mb/s to validate this issue is not caused by cabling, computer network ports etc.
Hope this helps.
hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

@iamkarlson 
You were looking for an expert. Well, you got one now, I think.
My gut feeling.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic