narenvenkan

Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Ziggo Wifi spots certificate expired

I was trying to install the Ziggo certificate on my phone for setting up the Wifi spots access.

But I saw that the certificate is unverified. As the SSL certificate has expired as of June 14,2021.

When i searched on the forum, i saw a similar post regarding this issue, with a solution given by @Gianna to download the smart wifi app and install the certificate through that. I was downloading the certificate using the QR code shown in the website setup wifi spots page.

I just moved to Netherlands, and I have an Indian app store account on my phone, and the app is unfortunately not available in my apps store. I wont be switching this account, since I have many subscriptions going on.

@Gianna  Is there any other way I could install the latest certificate without the app ?

The wifispots is a really nice and useful feature, that I would hate to not be able to use it.

I think the certificate is a downloadable file. Which can be shared.

6 Reacties 6
Bert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 55306Posts
  • 3615Oplossingen
  • 13160Likes

Choose from here your system and you can download your latest certificate: Wifispots instellen | Klantenservice | Ziggo

narenvenkan
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thanks @Bert, I have used this link. But the certificate is still expired for Apple iOS platform. 

Bert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 55306Posts
  • 3615Oplossingen
  • 13160Likes

You told it right, it wasn't until later that I saw exactly what Gianne meant.

If you have a Mijn Ziggo account, you can also download de Ziggo SmartWifi app and install the certificate through thatZiggo SmartWifi in de App Store (apple.com)

There is no downloadable file at the moment, as far as I know.

narenvenkan
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I do have the Mijn Ziggo account. But unfortunately I don’t have access to the app. My App Store says app is unavailable in my region, since I have an Indian account. And I can’t change this as I have subscriptions with apple service. 

The certificate is a downloadable .mobileconfig file. Even the app would download and install in the device. 
I hope Ziggo could provide the same file through the link above as well. Or any other way that I could sort it out would be very much appreciated. 
i would really love to use the wifispots 😐

even if I somehow manage to get the app on my iPhone. I still won’t be able to get the latest certificate for my laptop. Since the app is not available on Mac AppStore for any region(including Netherlands). 
so there is currently no way to get the latest certificates for Apple laptops. 

narenvenkan
topicstarter
Ontdekker
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

App not available for laptops

Bert
Super Expert
Super Expert
  • 55306Posts
  • 3615Oplossingen
  • 13160Likes

That's a shame, I hope Ziggo will soon put the correct certificate on their website.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic