Vraag
Reageer en help mee
narenvenkan

Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Ziggo Wifi spots certificate expired

I was trying to install the Ziggo certificate on my phone for setting up the Wifi spots access.

But I saw that the certificate is unverified. As the SSL certificate has expired as of June 14,2021.

When i searched on the forum, i saw a similar post regarding this issue, with a solution given by @Gianna to download the smart wifi app and install the certificate through that. I was downloading the certificate using the QR code shown in the website setup wifi spots page.

I just moved to Netherlands, and I have an Indian app store account on my phone, and the app is unfortunately not available in my apps store. I wont be switching this account, since I have many subscriptions going on.

@Gianna  Is there any other way I could install the latest certificate without the app ?

The wifispots is a really nice and useful feature, that I would hate to not be able to use it.

I think the certificate is a downloadable file. Which can be shared.

13 Reacties 13
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75174Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21922Likes

Choose from here your system and you can download your latest certificate: Wifispots instellen | Klantenservice | Ziggo

narenvenkan
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thanks @Bert, I have used this link. But the certificate is still expired for Apple iOS platform. 

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75174Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21922Likes

You told it right, it wasn't until later that I saw exactly what Gianne meant.

If you have a Mijn Ziggo account, you can also download de Ziggo SmartWifi app and install the certificate through thatZiggo SmartWifi in de App Store (apple.com)

There is no downloadable file at the moment, as far as I know.

narenvenkan
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I do have the Mijn Ziggo account. But unfortunately I don’t have access to the app. My App Store says app is unavailable in my region, since I have an Indian account. And I can’t change this as I have subscriptions with apple service. 

The certificate is a downloadable .mobileconfig file. Even the app would download and install in the device. 
I hope Ziggo could provide the same file through the link above as well. Or any other way that I could sort it out would be very much appreciated. 
i would really love to use the wifispots 😐

even if I somehow manage to get the app on my iPhone. I still won’t be able to get the latest certificate for my laptop. Since the app is not available on Mac AppStore for any region(including Netherlands). 
so there is currently no way to get the latest certificates for Apple laptops. 

narenvenkan
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

App not available for laptops

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75174Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21922Likes

That's a shame, I hope Ziggo will soon put the correct certificate on their website.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19167Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7273Likes

Good afternoon @narenvenkan and a warm welcome to our Community,

I am very sorry that you are having difficulties with the WifiSpots setup! It seems that the problem with the Wifi Certificate has been resolved. You know should be able to follow the steps on this page and install the certificate on you device. In case it still doesn't work please follow these instructions. 

narenvenkan
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the update.
But when i followed the steps and chose the option to setup wifispots manually (Since i dont have the app in my appstore, as i dont use a netherlands account), and dowloaded the profile to my iPhone. It still has the expired signing certificate. Attaching screenshot for your reference.

I was informed that the updates certificates were available if the setup is done through the app.
but manual setup still has the same expired one.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19167Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7273Likes

@narenvankan At this moment it's unclear to me on which device you're trying to setup WifiSpots. When installing WifiSpots on a PC / Mac the certificate  should be automatically downloaded and installed. Did you already try to follow the steps by using another internetbrowser?

narenvenkan
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi Paul
I am setting up the wifi spot on my iPhone. Yes, by following the instructions, i am able to instal the certificate on my phone. But my concern is that this certificate show as "Not verified". The reason is - one of the signing certificate for this profile has expired. You can see these in the images I have attached in the previous post. These signing certificate is what determines if the profile is coming from a trusted source. Because manually adding a profile means it does not come through the verified SSL route.

I am not sure if there would be any open security vulnerability because of this, but i am still skeptical to go ahead and install this. I wish Ziggo would update and provide the new certificates for download, as i hate to miss out on this great Wifi Spots feature.

narenvenkan
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Another similar post on this issue, has a marked solution - to use the app to install the certificate. The certificate downloaded from the app seems to be the updated one and is not expired, and shows as verified.
But unfortunately, I dont have the app on my app store since i dont have an Dutch account. I cannot change this as i have some subcriptions going on.

Ziggo could provide the same certificates for download and manual install as well.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19167Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7273Likes

@narenvenkan I am very sorry that the problem still persists. Did you already try to temporarily switch to the Dutch App store, install the WifiSpot certifcate and then switch back to you own App Store Country? 

In regards to this question:
Ziggo could provide the same certificates for download and manual install as well.
I have submitted this suggestion to the department that can do something about this.

narenvenkan
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thanks Paul, for informing this to the concerned department.
Thats a good suggestion to switch the app store for installing the certificate. But i need to check what would happen to my subscriptions when i do this. Because the prices are different based on the country.
I will have a check on this.
Thank you !

I feel i have made the right choice choosing Ziggo. This community is really helpful 🙂

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic