Vraag
Reacties
flmmartins

Ontdekker
  • 1Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Ziggo & DHCP - One network and Ziggo as AP?

Hello,

Scenario: I have a Ziggo connect box. I would like to have a setup where the DHCP & Wifi is managed by my personal router and the Ziggo Connect Box would act as Wifi Extender and it will all be in one network IP range.

I read that if you put Ziggo in bridge mode the other ports (2-4) stops working and Wifi no longer works. I believe setting bridge mode is not the answer to my scenario.

I also tried yesterday disabling Ziggo Connect Box DHCP Server. Then I connected my personal router with the Ziggo port 1 but still it seems that Ziggo Connect Box was not able to get an IP from the router. I tried accessing Ziggo in 192.168.178.1 & 192.168.100.1 but I couldn’t.

How can I achieve this?

1 Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Alex
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5939Posts
  • 635Oplossingen
  • 2268Likes

Hi @flmmartins, first of all: Welcome to the Ziggo Community!

A very interesting question, but I don't think there really is a solution at this moment. Based on the DHCP, it only has 2 options:

-Router-mode including DHCP. You can setup your personal router as accespoint for example

-Bridge mode without DHCP. Sometimes called ‘dumb mode’ as in; it won't do anything else than passing along the connection to the device that's connected to LAN1.

Based on your wish, I think you should go along with Bridge-mode, and get a substitute for the wifi-extender you were hoping for.

Bekijk in context

1 Reactie 1
Alex
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5939Posts
  • 635Oplossingen
  • 2268Likes

Hi @flmmartins, first of all: Welcome to the Ziggo Community!

A very interesting question, but I don't think there really is a solution at this moment. Based on the DHCP, it only has 2 options:

-Router-mode including DHCP. You can setup your personal router as accespoint for example

-Bridge mode without DHCP. Sometimes called ‘dumb mode’ as in; it won't do anything else than passing along the connection to the device that's connected to LAN1.

Based on your wish, I think you should go along with Bridge-mode, and get a substitute for the wifi-extender you were hoping for.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic