Tegroeg

Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

No internet after moving

Hi! 

I have an issue with settimg my modem in my new place. I just moved to Rotterdam, noticed the move to ziggo one week in advance. I just plugged it all yesterday as in the manual, but cant receive any internet. I resetted my box, plugged and unplugged the cables, restarted the whole and still no progress. I managed to login with the ethernet cable and 192.178.... but no change either. My box is still blinking green, and have the green wifi logo. Yet none of my devices can connect. What could be the issue? I cant find any solution so far.  Thanks forward for your help. 

16 Reacties 16
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

A technician might be required to (re)connect the cable inside the EV ('eindversterker' or street cabinet).

Could you post one or more pictures of AOP (main socket inside utility closet ('meterkast') or in living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Additionally, could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data? Instructions can be found here.

Tegroeg
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

1632761646517264976776604826043.jpg

1632761675705192096206375920664.jpg

16327617162493822949156180932066.jpg

 hope that helps!

Tegroeg
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

16327620188947605843217379330104.jpg

 there is no data in upstream/downstream

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Looks like no signal. A technician will most likely have to come over to verify outside connection and install a new AOP.

Could you connect the modem directly to the AOP? The splitter (POA 01-UPC) is redundant.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) can schedule a technician appointment and will visit this topic within 1-2 days.

Could you fill out your address details on this page? These are visible to moderators only.

Tegroeg
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I have tried to connect the modem directly to the AOP plug, but still same light setting appears on the modem... I have made an appointment with a technician on the 29th, can you notice him of the issue so that he come prepared? Thank you! Hope we can solve that quick, needs internet a lot for my work. Best. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

I am not employed by Ziggo and cannot provide the technician with additional info. The technician knows what to do after confirming that no signal is present on the AOP.

Tegroeg
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Dear Tobias, 

My mistake. Yet thanks for the help in troubleshooting! Have a good week. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

No problem, glad to help! Hopefully you will have a working internet connection and WiFi very soon.

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Dear @Tegroeg,

Welcome to the Community page! I'm sorry to read the internet/ wifi is not working on your new place.

I see that you've already made an appointment with an engineer. This engineer will help you Tomorrow.

Tegroeg
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thanks Erik. I hope internet will work again on the same day! Looking forward to the technician visit. Do you think there would be additionnal costs to the intervention? 

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Finding a solution is the goal of the technician of course. Because of your movement I don't expect additional costs, unless the technician need to use this material.

Please keep us posted 🙂

Lotte
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2761Posts
  • 400Oplossingen
  • 976Likes

@Tegroeg Is the problem solved? I do hope so 😄 

Tegroeg
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Dear Lotte, Erik, Tobias, 

Sorry for my late answer! The problem is actually solved on the day the technician came. 

The problem was simple, the previous tenant had not Ziggo as internet provider, so my apartment 

wasn't linked / cabled to the servor. There was no problem with the modem, as once connected, all was working again! 

Thanks for your help! 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

That's exactly what I expected. Glad to read it was as simple as that. Has the technician installed a new AOP (wall socket)?

Tegroeg
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Yes, correct! You were right, the previous one was an oldy. 

The new AOP having only one socket, I am still using the splitter for internet. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Could you post a screenshot of the downstream data once again? The splitter is only useful as an attenuator when the signal is too strong, but its second output must then be terminated.

Uitgelicht topic