Vraag
Reacties
Gregory1q2w3e4r

Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Wifi connection drops frequently.

Wifi box drop connection several time for a hour. I mean, not only internet but real wifi connection to the box either. So i need to restart it all the time. It has begun about 1 month ago.

This is really annoying, imagine i`m working from home as a software developer, thus stable internet connection is essential for my work. Meanwhile i have to reboot wifi box aprox 15 times a day.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Gregory1q2w3e4r
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Unfortunately i have no device with RJ45 port. So i cant connect via cable.

I also read few topics and find out that it might be an issue with splitter. So i changed it to another one (from previous tenant), plus i removed second out TV cable. 

After that i saw the number of Power (dBmV) increased from previous range  [-0.5, 2.5] to (you may see in the picture). On top of that, values Pre RS Errors, Po

st RS Errors decreased from hundreds to around zero (also may see on the picture).

Bekijk in context

7 Reacties 7
Jan F.

Level 20
  • 17046Posts
  • 1330Oplossingen
  • 2617Likes

Are your computers still connected to the WiFi network when you experience problems? What lights do you see on your modem?

Gregory1q2w3e4r
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

No. Usually all devices at home have no connection with box via WIFI. 

Lights. It depends.Sometimes only white line. Sometimes white line and 2 green arrows (internet). Sometimes white line and green wifi (without 2 arrows).

Gianna
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2553Posts
  • 180Oplossingen
  • 346Likes

Good afternoon @Gregory1q2w3e4r, welcome to the Community!

Good that you found us with your question. I can see that @Jan F. is already thinking with you is great!

Can you give us a little more information? For example, do you also experience it with a wired connection directly connected to the modem? Can you share a photo of the main connection and how the modem is connected to it? And you can share the up and downstream values ​​of the modem with us.

Gregory1q2w3e4r
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Unfortunately i have no device with RJ45 port. So i cant connect via cable.

I also read few topics and find out that it might be an issue with splitter. So i changed it to another one (from previous tenant), plus i removed second out TV cable. 

After that i saw the number of Power (dBmV) increased from previous range  [-0.5, 2.5] to (you may see in the picture). On top of that, values Pre RS Errors, Po

st RS Errors decreased from hundreds to around zero (also may see on the picture).

Gregory1q2w3e4r
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I`ll keep an eye on connection issues during the weekend. If i still experiencing issue i let you know in this thread. Otherwise i`ll close it.

Gregory1q2w3e4r
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

UPD: During weekend no Wifi connection drop. No issue with internet.

Topic can be marked as solved \ closed

Erik S
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2262Posts
  • 356Oplossingen
  • 545Likes

Happy to hear and thank you for getting back to us with this information, @Gregory1q2w3e4r!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic