Vraag
Reacties
KareemAlSaudi

Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Weird internet speed/latency issues?

So I'm having a bit of a strange issue and I've predominantly noticed it on my mobile phone while using Wi-Fi. The issue is, for example, when I open up certain applications such as the PostNL app or MyDHL or Instagram then it takes FOREVER to load content and sometimes it just doesn't refresh or load at all. When I switch to mobile data this issue goes away completely and everything is smooth and buttery quick. Watching YouTube videos, Twitch, download speeds and everything else works a-okay.

This issue started about a week ago, since then I've completely reset my router to factory settings, and changed the Wi-Fi password but it still doesn't work as expected. Anybody here faced a similar issue and managed to get it resolved?

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Apparently, IPv6 is still active. I requested Dual-Stack Lite to be converted to IPv4 Only, but it was in fact converted to Full Dual-Stack. IPv6 appears to be causing problems, while IPv4 works correctly. However, you made a typo on the PC traceroute.

You could set the DHCPv6 server operation mode to stateful, this occasionally resolves IPv6 connectivity problems. To do this, log in to the SmartWifi modem's web interface, go to the Advanced settings, DHCP page and select the Stateful option for the DHCPv6 server. Finally, disconnect and reconnect the phone to the Wi-Fi SSID.

Bekijk in context

32 Reacties 32
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Could you Google 'my ip address' and post the first half of the IPv4 address displayed? This is to determine whether Dual-Stack Lite is active, which might cause these problems.

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Went to "whatismyipaddress.com" on my mobile phone and the first half of my IPv4 address is 213.127.

On my computer, that's connected via ethernet, it's also 213.127.

Does that help?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Dual-Stack Lite is active and may be switched to IPv4 Only, which should resolve the connectivity problems.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) can edit the IP configuration and will visit this topic within 1-2 days.

Please fill out your address details on this page, these are visible to moderators only.

You may also contact customer service.

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Alright, thank you for the help! It might be worth noting that I've logged into my old MyZiggo account by accident to post this topic (I have two, long story) is this alright? Either way, I have added my postal code and house number to my personal details page.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

No problem, the address details will be used by the moderator to look up the account information.

Krista
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 299Posts
  • 45Oplossingen
  • 145Likes

Hi KareemALSaudi, welcome to the community! 

I switched Dual-Stack Lite to IPv4 Only. Processed within 24 hours. The connection may drop briefly 😉

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Dear  @Krista and  @tobiastheebe,

My router has indeed restarted, if the changes have gone through then I'm sorry to say but the situation has not improved on my end. Both the PostNL app and Instagram are  extremely slow on retrieving content. That, or they just fail to do so completely. Any other suggestions?

Other applications that perform in-app updates also freeze/lock-up and don't download anything. But again, switching to mobile data resolves all of these issues. Browsing the internet, YouTube etc. all work fine.

My ip addresses now start with 77.248.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Could you perform the IP address lookup once again?

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hey @tobiastheebe, I've included the results of the ip address lookup (after the changes made by @Krista) in my previous post. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

The 77.248 address indicates that IPv4 Only is now active.

Does accessing a site like Instagram using the browser return an error message?

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I had to step out for a meeting but give me a couple of hours and I'll be back home with an update. Also thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Dear @tobiastheebe,

The mystery continues. I can indeed access Instagram and PostNL via the web browser. Some of the functionality for Instagram feels a bit slow given the speeds I am paying for but it does indeed work while the app simply won't refresh and provide updated content whatsoever (or is just way too slow).

Any idea why this is the case?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Unsure as of yet. Does this behavior occur on the same device?

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Yup, same device. I just tested the device on a different network (the one at my local gym) and it worked perfectly there. So I think I can conclude that, after doing multiple resets to my network setting on my phone, trying different DNS servers etc. that the issue is with my home network. I just can't figure out what it is.

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Dear @tobiastheebe,

Just tested the issue on my smart TV which is also connected via WiFi and it persists. Both my mobile phone and smart TV are now having issues loading content on the front page of YouTube. Watching videos is fine once the page finally loads but, as before, it takes forever (if ever) to load content.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

We may have to switch to a different approach:

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Additionally, could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data according to these instructions?

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Dear @tobiastheebe, here is the modem's downstream/upstream data:

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

3.PNG

Forgive me if I've misunderstood you, but is this the AOP you were asking about?
20220709_152302.jpg

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Downstream exhibits CER on a number of channels, these uncorrectable ('Post RS') errors should be 0. Power levels and MER levels are very good. Uncorrectable errors are responsible for packet loss.

The modem is connected to an outdated TV/R outlet (GUT 14D/15D). Did you check the meter cupboard for a coax outlet?

KareemAlSaudi
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 17Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

My apologies, but I'm unsure as to where my meter cupboard is. Should I connect the cable to any of the other outlets in the photo in my previous post?

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic