Reageer en help mee
RomanSuler

Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Unstable connection - Packet loss

Hello Ziggo,

I have a problem with my connection. Ping is OK, speed is OK but time to time I loosing packets and this cause lag in games so its not possible to properly gaming. I would say I have a same issue like in this topic ( https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Archief/Onstabiele-internetverbinding-Haren-GRN-valt-weg-en-gamen-is/t... ) 

Can somebody have a look on this topic and let me know? 

Thank you,

Roman Suler 

6 Reacties 6
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31059Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Is packet loss present when connected using ethernet (wired)?

The downstream/upstream data does not exhibit problems. The log does not contain events after June 27. Could you post the OFDM channel data, displayed under '3.1 Downstream channels'?

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Since you are in a former UPC area (indicated by the six US/ATDMA channels), could you write down the first half of your public/external IPv4 address? This is to determine whether Dual-Stack Lite is active, which may cause problems.

Finally, you may notice improvements after disabling all firewall options except 'Firewall protection' for both IPv4 and IPv6.

RomanSuler
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for quick one. 

• I using Cat 6 directly to PC
  • Downstream attached
  • Picture of outlet attached
  • Thanks for an advise I checked firewall settings  ( IP flood detection was enabled for IPv4) I have disable it and rebooted the router. Lets see
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31059Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The OFDM channel exhibits a tiny amount of uncorrectable errors, which is unlikely to have been responsible for the packet loss.

The AOP (btv 1 IEC-NL) is up-to-date and fully compatible with DOCSIS 3.1 and the SmartWifi modem Giga, I assume the modem is connected directly to it?

Could you post the first half of the IPv4 address I mentioned in my previous reply? I edited the reply after posting it, so you might have missed it.

RomanSuler
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

From AOP its going directly to the router so I donth think there is an issue 🙂

Firts half of IP is 24.132

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31059Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Connecting a modem directly to the AOP (without a splitter/attenuator) sometimes causes downstream power to be too high, but that is not the case here.

The IP address indicates Dual-Stack Lite is not in use, which is good.

RomanSuler
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Maybe IP flood detection cause the issue, lets see. I will get back here if I will observe packet loss.

Thanks for help Tobias

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic