Vraag
Reageer en help mee
JoosB1004

Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Unstable Internet connection

I’ve been having intermittent WiFi issues since I moved in last year. Today the technician came and replaced a supposedly malfunctioning modem. He did not test the functionality with the google WiFi routers I have in the house. Whenever I tried setting up the routers, it either completely fails to connect to the internet or after resetting everything I almost finish the setup but crashes at the updates phase. 
any ideas? I have 2x2 splitters and the modem sits in the meter closet 

7 Reacties 7
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 30767Posts
  • 2150Oplossingen
  • 15382Likes

Bridge mode is recommended when using your own router, but first things first:

Could you post a picture of the AOP (main outlet), which the ESX-02 splitter's input is connected to?

Additionally, could you log in to the modem's web interface at 192.168.178.1 and copy the data displayed on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs on the Advanced settings, Tools, Network status page?

The second splitter (VQ1002) is outdated and should ideally be replaced by a second ESX-02. The connectors on the cables connected to the output should be replaced by higher quality compression connectors.

JoosB1004
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

So the modem is supposedly in bridge mode. After the technician came and replaced the modem, I cannot connect to it anymore. The network does not show up in the network list and since I do lot have a Ethernet adapter to plug into my laptop, I cannot connect to it. Do I need to disable bridge mode somehow to log into the modem?

JoosB1004
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

So the modem is supposedly in bridge mode. After the technician came and replaced the modem, I cannot connect to it anymore. The network does not show up in the network list and since I do lot have a Ethernet adapter to plug into my laptop, I cannot connect to it. Do I need to disable bridge mode somehow to log into the modem?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 30767Posts
  • 2150Oplossingen
  • 15382Likes

Assuming you are using a SmartWifi modem, which color is the status LED, :modem_lampje_groen: or :modem_lampje_uit:? Green indicates bridge mode, white indicates router mode.

If bridge mode is active, you will have to connect your router to the modem in order to proceed. The web interface is located at 192.168.100.1.

JoosB1004
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

The modem light is green. The routers are connected to the modem. But how can I access that web address on my phone without being connected in any form? The only network that shows up in the WiFi network dropdown is the setup for the Google Wifi, but it does not get me a internet connection.

i also connected the Ethernet cable from the Modem to my old Chromebook but it also does not get a connection from the modem. 
Is there anyone who can help over the phone more promptly? I am disappointed the technician did not explain anything and also did not test! 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 30767Posts
  • 2150Oplossingen
  • 15382Likes

Is it continuously or blinking green?

Could you try the following steps:

• Power down both modem and router.
  • Connect modem directly to AOP (main outlet), using the IEC/F green/red cable.
  • Power up modem and wait until it is fully online (continuously green status LED), this may take ~10 minutes.
  • Connect router to modem's LAN 1 port. (Because of the modem's MAC filter, do not connect any other device.)
  • Power up router.
  • Start router configuration wizard using dedicated app.

You may contact the helpdesk at 0900-1884.

Jiri
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2539Posts
  • 346Oplossingen
  • 1002Likes

Hi @JoosB1004 Welcome to the Ziggo Community!

I'm sorry for my late response! I'm glad @tobiastheebe gave you some tips. 
Is it solved now and is the connection stable again? 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic