Vraag
Reacties
gerlofgroene

Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Unable to connect to external servers with ODBC

Sorry for writing this in English! Today I upgraded to the gigabit line and installed the new Connect Giga box. Everything seems to be working fine except I have one issue. I work from home and connect to a number of external servers. My connections have all been whitelisted with the new IP I got. I can connect to the servers using RDP but I have a number of applications that have 32bit ODBC connections which connect to the same servers. These are all failing. Is something in the new modem blocking them somehow?

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
gerlofgroene
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

This seems to have resolved itself? Not sure what the issue was as no setting were changed. Very weird. All good now though...

Bekijk in context

7 Reacties 7
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Is the IP address inside the 213.127.0.0/17 subnet?

gerlofgroene
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Tobias. How can I tell that? I have my IP whitelisted on the external server as 213.217.XX.XX/24, I just added 213.217.XX.XX/17 to the whitelisting but it doesn't seem to have made a difference unfortunately? 😞 

gerlofgroene
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

HI Tobias, I'm not sure how I can check that. My IP was whitelisted on the external servers as 213.127.XX.XX/24. I added an entry for 213.217.XX.XX/17 as well but that hasn't made a difference? (Sorry if this is a repeat answer, when I refreshed the page it looked like my first response had disappeared?)

gerlofgroene
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Anyone any thoughts? I've tried everything I can think of with no luck. If I can't resolve this my only option will be to cancel giga and revert back to the old service and modem which I don't really want to do...

gerlofgroene
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

This seems to have resolved itself? Not sure what the issue was as no setting were changed. Very weird. All good now though...

Erik S
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2262Posts
  • 356Oplossingen
  • 545Likes

Hi there @gerlofgroene! First of all, welcome to our Community. I'm glad you've found us here 🙂

I understand the problem has resolved itself and that the cause is still unknown. Very odd, but cool that everything is okay now! If further assistance is needed be sure to let us know. You can also mention other users by using the @ sign. So for instance @tobiastheebe. I'm sure he won't mind 😉

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Apologies for the late reply, I usually get notifications when new replies are posted to a topic (with or without mention). Didn't get any notifications for this topic until this morning, though...

If you have an 213.127.0.0/17 address, that means the modem is using an IPv6 DS-Lite configuration profile, in which case the address is subject to random changes. You can have the modem switched to IPv4 Only by a moderator, which will provision the modem with a semi-static IP address. In any case, glad to read that the issue has been resolved for now.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic