Vraag
Reageer en help mee
Seredinh

Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Tragic Wi-Fi and cable connection speed via Gigabox

Hello, I've had Ziggo for few years now, around 6 months ago upgraded to 1Gbit from 500Mbit, long story short, the Internet speed was good, for a month, after that it started dropping significantly. Since the beginning I have been using Cat 6 cable for my PC and Wi-Fi for my girlfriends PC. Speed reaches maximum of 260-300 Mbits on cable. Even tried factory resetting it. Tried 2 WLAN ports on my PC (one uses Intel chipset, second one is Dragon Lan 2,5Gbit WLAN). Wi-Fi is also very slow (was reaching much higher speeds than 200Mbits, now it barely touches that speed). We have a small 2 room apartment and Wi-Fi coverage is excellent, but at that moment even our Vodafone 5G is faster than a hardline Internet. Do you have any solutions for it? Drivers are up to date on both computers.

11 Reacties 11
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75182Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

To evaluate your incoming and outgoing signal, can you post here from your modem the full pages of downstream and upstream values with a screenshot and last days Network history?

Where can I find the up and downstream values of my modem?
https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Tips-van-Ziggo/Waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaarden-van-mijn-modem/...

Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with any splitters and amplifiers and modem in the photo?

Seredinh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Here you go, I don't use any splitters, not even for a TV, since I don't use one. I've noticed that in a networklog there is a lot of Time-outs.

Screenshot_4.png283697169_998979637469572_8345679117624291064_n.jpgScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_5.png

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Please provide all (four) downstream tables and the event log table in full.

The partial event log does mention repetitive SYNC + FEC lock loss events on SC-QAM CID 1 and the OFDM channel (PLC + profile), which may be caused by MER/CER problems.

Seredinh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Here you go.Screenshot_11.pngScreenshot_10.pngScreenshot_9.png

Screenshot_8.pngScreenshot_7.pngScreenshot_6.png

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

OFDM CER may be too high, the event log entries mainly point towards instability on both OFDM PLC and profile subcarriers, with the active profile ID falling back from 3 to 2 (4096-QAM to 2048-QAM).

Downstream power level is relatively high but still within spec, a 3 or 6 dB (forward path) attenuator should ideally be installed.

I suggest having the overall signal analyzed in greater detail by a moderator.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) will visit this topic within 1-2 days.

Seredinh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you, I will wait for a response then. Enjoy your night.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

Goodmorning @Seredinh and a warm welcome to our Community,

I am very sorry that you're currently having difficulties with both the stability and speed of your internetconnection! It's good that you've started a topic for our support. I noticed that our experts @Bert & @tobiastheebe already started an analysis with you to rule out any problems in the indoor installation. I also had a look at your connection and the connection itself seems to be fine. To get a better picture, I have now started an accurate measurement to better monitor the connection for the next 2 days. Do you see a chance to test the connection in the next 2 days and keep track of any stability, speed or connectivity issues? Then write down the date and time when you experience problems. Based on your data and the results from our measurement, I can then determine the next steps and schedule a technician in a targeted manner.

Seredinh
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I believe they are going to pop out on network log? Yesterday my girlfriend had trouble with streaming netflix, and me with packet losses in game/high ping around 4:00 P.M. , judging by the downdetector these two servers had no issues whatsoever. We also have trouble with opening common pages like Google search engine results, youtube (they simply load longer, but finally pop up), it has been tested on 4 different browsers (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera GX), cookies have been cleaned and trackers removed with Malwarebytes after each test. 

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@Seredinh Thank you very much for sharing your findings! In the accurate measurements I notice some interference on both the OFDM and SC-QAM channels which may cause the connectivity issues. I have scheduled an appointment with a technician to solve the problem on Friday the 3rd of June 2022 between 8 and 13 o'clock. You can reschedule the appointment via Mijn Ziggo > Mijn Gegevens > Mijn Monteursafspraken in case this time and/or day doesn't suite you. Please let us know what your findings are after the visit from our technician. 

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@Seredinh We're wondering what your findings are after the visit from our technician. Is everything working properly? 

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19178Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7279Likes

@Seredinh We're curious about your findings after the visit from the technician. Is everything working properly? Or can we perhaps be of further assistance? 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic