Vraag
Reacties
ByronG

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Supplied IP address seems to be blacklisted GLOBALLY! New customer, no VPN, please help.

Hoi Ziggo community, 

I am a new customer to Ziggo (less than one month), and I do not use a VPN. 

I have a website and emails that is hosted. My emails stopped working as well as my access to the backend of my website and emails. 

When i check with my hosts they tell me my IP address is blacklisted.. and I need to check with my ISP..Ziggo 🙂 

https://mxtoolbox.com/Problem/Blacklist/Spamhaus-ZEN/?page=prob_blacklist&ip=213.127.63.28&link=butt...

This is a new IP address and I am a new customer of less than a month.. Why would my IP address be blocked globally?

Is it possible that Ziggo supplied me with an IP address that is already blacklisted? 

Can I change my IP? 

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

First of all: external IPv4 addresses of Ziggo consumer customers are Blacklisted by Spamhaus Zen. See the explanation after: Spamhaus Zen Reports Dynamic Ip Addresses. This is not a problem.
Communicating this to abuse@ziggo.nl is obviously not needed. 

Pasi refers to the fact that you may even not have an own external IPv4 address.
This can happen when:

• you have a Connectbox Modem/Router that is not in Bridge Mode for Modem only Usage of the Box combined with a Router of your own; and
  • you run IPv6 DS-Lite firmware on this Connectbox.

In that case a so-called CGNAT (aka AFTR) Server IPv4 address is associated with IPv4 Internet connections you need to make. That address is shared with other users of DS-Lite and can change frequently.

You can check the availability of DS-Lite on the Info Page. If it looks like the included image, you indeed have DS-Lite (Connectbox has IPv6 address only).
Otherwise it’s either Full Dual Stack Firmware (Connectbox has both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses) or it’s running IPv4 only.Firmware.

What do you see?

Can you please give a link to your hosted Web Site, for testing it from here?
For simplicity, we can look into the Email problem, later on.

Bekijk in context

4 Reacties 4
Pasi

Level 18
  • 9855Posts
  • 493Oplossingen
  • 5477Likes

Hello,

This is a Ziggo forum, where Ziggo customers try to help each other. Also, Ziggo moderators (they have "Ziggo" behind their name) come along every so often in every topic. They have more knowledge, possibilities and rights than the Helpdesk and can look deeper into the Ziggo system.

“... I do not use a VPN...”
Indeed, be aware that you don't use a VPN while connectiing to Ziggo mail, you will get a ban/blacklisted.

"... Is it possible that Ziggo supplied me with an IP address that is already blacklisted? ...”.
Sometimes you share your IPv4 address with ( 20 ) other people. It depends on how your connection is setup by Ziggo. If one of those absues this shared IPv4 connection and the IP is blacklisted, al users of this share can't use it.
Normally you don't notice anything about sharing your IPv4 with others, but this way ( by a ban ) you will.

“... Can I change my IP?...”
No, you can't change your external IP. Only Ziggo can do this for you.

You could send a mail ( ie. by smartphone ) to abuse@ziggo.nl and insert all the information you have and ask them why your IPv4 is blocked.

Also a Ziggo mod. could help you, but sometimes it takes a while before they show up.

hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

First of all: external IPv4 addresses of Ziggo consumer customers are Blacklisted by Spamhaus Zen. See the explanation after: Spamhaus Zen Reports Dynamic Ip Addresses. This is not a problem.
Communicating this to abuse@ziggo.nl is obviously not needed. 

Pasi refers to the fact that you may even not have an own external IPv4 address.
This can happen when:

• you have a Connectbox Modem/Router that is not in Bridge Mode for Modem only Usage of the Box combined with a Router of your own; and
  • you run IPv6 DS-Lite firmware on this Connectbox.

In that case a so-called CGNAT (aka AFTR) Server IPv4 address is associated with IPv4 Internet connections you need to make. That address is shared with other users of DS-Lite and can change frequently.

You can check the availability of DS-Lite on the Info Page. If it looks like the included image, you indeed have DS-Lite (Connectbox has IPv6 address only).
Otherwise it’s either Full Dual Stack Firmware (Connectbox has both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses) or it’s running IPv4 only.Firmware.

What do you see?

Can you please give a link to your hosted Web Site, for testing it from here?
For simplicity, we can look into the Email problem, later on.

ByronG
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you so much for your responses. @Pasi @hanh 

@hanh You are correct, I do indeed have DS-Lite 

I found that I do not have to do anything. “Most dynamic IP’s are on the PBL list”

SMTP’s are all setup and double checked. Emails are working again so all good for now.

Thanks a lot once again for helping me out. Now to tackle line speed.. 🙂

hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes

Fine. It’s now how it should be, I understand.

Mind this. If you need Port Forwards, then you have to step over from DS-Lite to IPv4-only. Can be arranged with Ziggo.
If you think, what are we talking about?, then skip this remark with no bother at all.

What about the line speed?
Test it with an UTP cabled connection and use this speedtest with great reputation.
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest
What is the result compared to the speed Ziggo promises.? Should approximitely be the same….

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic