Vraag
Reageer en help mee
Valdi

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Super slow speed 1-2 Mbps

Hi. For few weeks I cannot use my internet. The speed is between 1.4 -2.3 Mbps. I check in the morning , during the day or in the evening. It always the same. It was not like this before. It happened recently almost as if my speed was blocked. I didn’t change anything in settings an I’m using the same media box Horizon as before

i am working from home and have to connect to my mobile to be able to use internet.
is there anything you can do to help? 
waiting to hear back. Thank you. 
Valdi. 

2 Reacties 2
Vincent
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4349Posts
  • 574Oplossingen
  • 2124Likes

Hi @Valdi and welcome to our Community!

Pretty annoying you don't get the speed as the subscription you provide. Do you measured this during a wifi speedtest? Which speed do you get when you are connected by an utp cable to the Mediabox XL (Horizon)? Do you experience this on 1 or multiple devices? Where is your first accesspoint? In the livingroom or meter cabinet? Could you make a photo and share it?

Valdi
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Thanks for the reply. When connected with cable, my speed was perfect, at my max, which is 50Mbps. So the issue must be with WiFi. Anyway. I have now received new mediabox and a separate router from customer services, however there is no way to connect it. They both need to be connected to my the same data point on the wall. In every regular home there is just one. So in the end I have now either tv or the internet. It is Christmas and I can’t get the splitter. I can order one online from any shop and hope it’ll arrive soon.  How come, the new equipment doesn’t come with splitter or whatever else is needed? Do every new contract who receives the equipment have the same issue? That they cannot connect both mediabox and the router? Or is there some other way of doing this? Thank you for your help. 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic