Vraag
Reacties
HS21

Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Slow Internet Speed on 300 mbps plan

I have just got Ziggo 300 mbps plan but on speed test I never see the download speed more than 30-40 mbps. I have a extended connection from wall which I removed and connected modem directly to wall socket, still same speed. Is it possible for a technician to visit and check? Is this visit free of cost for 1st time customer?

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Carlien
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2455Posts
  • 261Oplossingen
  • 1165Likes

Hi @HS21! Ofcourse we need to inform you about extra costs if we plan a technician. If you didn't know this, I will reimburse the € 15,- for you! 🙂 So no worries about the costs. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! 

Bekijk in context

21 Reacties 21
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

The low download speed is almost 100% certainly caused by 4G/5G ingress interference.

While the modem is directly connected to the AOP/main outlet, could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data according to these instructions?

The AOP is highly outdated and must be replaced by a technician (free of charge).

If you would like to utilize the cable which runs along the wall, a new connector must be installed on the modem side. The existing connector (or rather the remains of it) is unsuitable for digital TV or internet because the cable is incorrectly terminated and the connector is completely unshielded and severely outdated. The connector on the outlet side is slightly outdated but should still suffice, provided the cable is properly terminated. The technician can install a new cable or install new connectors on the existing cable, as required.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) can schedule a technician appointment and will visit this topic within 1-2 days.

Please fill out your address details on this page, these are visible to moderators only.

HS21
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Please find Downstream & Upstream values attached. In parallel I will request a Technician's visit.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

More or less as expected, partial bonding due to 4G and 5G ingress. Overall power and MER levels are good.

A new AOP outlet and new connector(s) on the extension cable should suffice.

HS21
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I have updated the address on above link, how to request Technician's visit.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

The technician appointment will be scheduled by a moderator within 1-2 days.

HS21
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi, I do not see any appointment scheduled under my appointment. Request for moderator to help out here.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

I just notified the moderators, you may expect a reply tomorrow.

Madelon
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 996Posts
  • 122Oplossingen
  • 418Likes

Hi @HS21 😄 

I scheduled the appointment for June 08 between 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an SMS with a link to the technician's agenda. If this day and time does not suit you, you can change this yourself via this link.

HS21
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi, The technician visited and changed the AOP, Thank you.

During our conversation for speed test he advised that through router config we can split connection to 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz so that we can verify if speed is actually up to 300mbps. Everything went well and after he left I received the attached email that I will be charged 15 Euros for Extra service.

Not sure what was the extra service here? Is it splitting the connection? Why didn't technician notify me of additional costs?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Did the technician install (a) new connector(s) on the extension cable as well?

HS21
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

No new connector on extension cable, he advised to use the original near wall connection.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

The modem should ideally be connected directly to the AOP using the supplied 1.5-meter cable, however the extension cable may also be used if new connectors are installed.

In my opinion, no additional costs should have been charged, a moderator will be able to reimburse these.

Madelon
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 996Posts
  • 122Oplossingen
  • 418Likes

Glad to hear that the visit from the mechanic went well and the problems have been solved 😄

Indeed, the extra service costs are for setting up a device. This is not included in the conditions of the technician's visit and is therefor an extra service. For extra services you pay €15, as stated on; Kies de juiste monteur (ziggo.nl)

HS21
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Well I have no issues paying 15€ but still feel the charges aren't justified. It started with a discussion as we didn't see 300 mbps speed after changing AOP, also in other countries(SG) the connection is 2.4 & 5Ghz by default. A heads up would have been nice 😊

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

@Madelon looking at what info topic starter gaves us and he was not informed by the technican of the cost upfront this should  have been communicated to him by the mechanic

my viewpoint of this situation would be to void the 15 euro extra cost,

but ofcourse its upto ziggo to decide on this case

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

@tobiastheebe do you agree with my viewpoint maybe a moderator should take another look

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

I agree, the customer should always be informed if additional costs are going to be charged.

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

can you make a mention to the moderators of this case see if they come to another decision?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31053Posts
  • 2178Oplossingen
  • 15499Likes

Done.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic