Vraag
Reacties
Kwhyte

Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Slechte Wifi

Our Wifi seems to be extremely unstable.  we have 500 mb. There are times where it seems to as expected but the dips are becoming more frequent. Particularly frustrating when I can't save my sporting activites (Zwift to Strava) Using Webex is also an issue. During business calls I'm the one having most issues, with low connectivity messages and not hearing full conversations. So bad that I have to dial in with my mobile

Done everything I can to make the wifi better such as placement and updating booster firmware. I'm wondering if you can test our modem? added an additional router 2.5/5 and this gives us better connectivity but doesn't stop the fall outs

When we updated our account and moved it to being a private account and included the next box we didn't update the modem.

Oplossingen

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The modem must not be connected to a signal amplifier. Instead, it should be connected to a splitter which connects directly to the AOP (main socket). The amplifier should be connected to the second splitter output and must only be used for connecting TV sets/decoders.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) will visit this topic within 2-3 days and can arrange for a new splitter and modem cable to be sent to you free of charge. Please verify your address details and update them if necessary.

Bekijk in context

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Great advice

Bekijk in context

17 Reacties 17
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Could you post one or more pictures of your AOP (main wall outlet located in utility closet or living room), splitter(s), signal amplifier (if applicable) and cables?

Additionally, could you post your modem’s downstream/upstream/log data? Instructions (in Dutch) can be found here.

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Many thanks for your response, I've attached a file showing the Connect box status, upstream/downstream, network log, configuration. I've addecphotos of the Connect box (centre of house on the ground floor against side wall in the dressior.) Photo of the AOP and where it enters the house with splitters to TV and telephone.  We also have a 2.5/5.0 sitecom router with 2 externders in the house connected to it. I have one other connector in my garage coming from the Ziggo modem. Hope this helps. 

Cheers

Ken

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The modem must not be connected to a signal amplifier. Instead, it should be connected to a splitter which connects directly to the AOP (main socket). The amplifier should be connected to the second splitter output and must only be used for connecting TV sets/decoders.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) will visit this topic within 2-3 days and can arrange for a new splitter and modem cable to be sent to you free of charge. Please verify your address details and update them if necessary.

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Great. Many thanks. That's how it was set up by a ziggy engineer at least 10 years ago. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

This used to be an acceptable setup until a few years ago, however modern modems are not suited for operation behind an amplifier. They require a clean, unaltered signal.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Will do thanks

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Tobias,

Any news on when I can expect the ziggo employee to contact me? 

If I was to plug the POA01-UPC splitter into the AOP and run one coax to the amplifier and another to the Connect Box modem, would that be all that's needed?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Correct, you will need either a POA-01-B (current model) or POA 01-UPC splitter to connect the modem and amplifier to. You will also need a new modem cable (IEC female to F male). If you still have the modem installation package, you should be able to find these items inside the box.

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thanks, I'll wait for the engineer to send me a POA-01-B splitter to connect the modem and amplifier too. It doesn't look like I have the correct modem cable either. If the engineer could send me a (IEC female to F male) minimum 7 metres I think that would be it. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The modem should ideally be located within 1 meter of the AOP, regular modem cable is 1.5 meters in length.

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thanks for the Tip. I can certainly move the AOP along the wall. Can I assume having a 10 meter cable from the AOP to the amplifier (for the TV/Next box) would be okay?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

A 10-meter TV cable is fine. Start off by connecting TVs/decoders to the amplifier outputs with the lowest gain and check the signal strength on the TV. If signal strength and/or picture quality are insufficient, move them to the next output.

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Great advice

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Great advice thanks

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Welcome to the Community @Kwhyte!
I'm glad with the good advice of tobiastheebe.

The free POA-splitter + coaxcable for the modem are on his way.
PostNL will deliver this asap 🙂

Keep us posted 🙂

Kwhyte
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 12Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thanks Erik

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

You're welcome 🙂

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic