Vraag
Reacties
robertcris

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Really confused, Modem lights off but I still have internet

Hi. I hope this makes sense because it got me really confused.

I had my modem installed in the utility cabinet a few months ago and everything was going ok. Today internet went down around the time when people were putting fiber optic cables in the ground on my street. I thought that maybe they cut a cable by mistake. I have copper currently.

I chatted with Ziggo support and they made an appointment for an engineer to come in a weeks time. The two arrows on the front of the modem were flashing green no matter what I tried.

I have added some photos that show my old installation spot and one with the new location. After that I decided to move the modem to my living room where I also have an outlet in the wall. Now comes the weird part

There are no lights on the modem, just the white status light. No wify symbol, nothing which I believe should be green. However...I have internet now and it remained with only the white light for 5 hours now. Should I keep the engineer visit? The only downside right now is that internet signal is really week in one of the rooms since I had to move the model farther away.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 20.38.33.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 20.38.16 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-02-03 at 20.38.16.jpeg

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75167Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21922Likes

" There are no lights on the modem, just the white status light. No wify symbol, nothing which I believe should be green."

Only the white light on the modem is exactly as it should be. If a green icon lights up, something is wrong. These will turn off after startup and if all connections are good. 

Bekijk in context

2 Reacties 2
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75167Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21922Likes

" There are no lights on the modem, just the white status light. No wify symbol, nothing which I believe should be green."

Only the white light on the modem is exactly as it should be. If a green icon lights up, something is wrong. These will turn off after startup and if all connections are good. 

robertcris
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thanks, then I got it wrong. I was looking at it today before I moved it and the wifi light was green all the time and arrows flashing. The way I usually had it installed was upside down and could  never see the lights...

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic