Reacties
Matej

Level 1
  • 1Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Problems with network stability after Ziggo storing

Hello Ziggo Community,
I am sorry my post is not in Dutch, but my knowledge of the language is not enough to explain such a complicated matter. We are Ziggo clients for many years and there used to be a problem with the connection or the set up we were using at our house until there was a big failure few weeks back. Since then the connection started to drop. We did the obvious things, like restarting the router, changing the cables, Ziggo just send us a new splitter and modem adapter. Anyways, we were in touch with them countless times and when the fitter came, he said all is fine, while changing a splitter and placing the modem downstairs near the main access point. While we know this is preferable set up, we used to have the modem plugged in at the top floor where our office is. Our set up was as follows (please see the amazing diagram below). From the Ziggo box there is a cable going to the 2nd floor where we had the modem plugged in. We had an extra router in house to have the wifi signal for the rest of the house. It all worked perfectly until that one day. Our concern is that it used to be a very hot period when it all happened, so our concern was that the modem got broken, but so far we haven't been offered a replacement, despite countless requests. Now when we try the same set up the connection is created and it is stable from few minutes until 2 hours. Then it breaks and modem starts to show all red lights. It is very bizarre. When we plug the modem downstairs directly to the main access point it is more stable. Could anyone explain why is this happening and what could have been done in order to fix the previous set up? The main thing is that we know that there was a big failure and there were things done to the network in the neighbourhood, something obviously changed, but we were unable to get support to fix our problem yet, so any help or suggestion is very welcome!
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Alex
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8992Posts
  • 1059Oplossingen
  • 4003Likes
Hi Matej , first of all: Welcome to the Ziggo Community! And thumbs up for the detailed story ánd picture 🙂

I see you already contacted a colleague of mine and a technician was scheduled. That's the best way to rule everything out and fix it ofcourse. Let me know if there's anything I can do (in the meantime or after).

Bekijk in context

2 Reacties 2
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75182Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes
The Ziggo modem must be within 1-3 meters of the place where Ziggo enters. This is guaranteed by Ziggo. Further, there is no guarantee.
From here you could use a WiFibooster=Acces Point with a network cable if you want to use UTP connections and WiFi in another place.
https://www.ziggo.nl/internet/wifibooster/via-internetkabel-lenen

But maybe the signal is not good enough what enters your modem when the modem is directly connected to the splitter.

Can you place your downstream and upstream values from your modem with a screenshot?

Where can I find the up and downstream values of my modem?
https://community.ziggo.nl/deel-je-tip-91/waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaardes-van-mijn-modem-29212

And can you put a picture here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with possible splitters and amplifiers?
Alex
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 8992Posts
  • 1059Oplossingen
  • 4003Likes
Hi Matej , first of all: Welcome to the Ziggo Community! And thumbs up for the detailed story ánd picture 🙂

I see you already contacted a colleague of mine and a technician was scheduled. That's the best way to rule everything out and fix it ofcourse. Let me know if there's anything I can do (in the meantime or after).
E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic