Reageer en help mee
akosarev

Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Problem with internet speed, ping, connection

Hello there. 

I have a problem with internet connection for several days already.

Especially at night ping is awful, everything is lagged and internet speed is 10 times slower than must be.

What can be an issue? This is very annoying to have these types of problem every day

8 Reacties 8
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Could you post an example of a speedtest performed at night? It could be a congestion issue, especially if latency/jitter and upload speeds are affected. Posting one or more PingPlotter screenshots might also help diagnose the issue (you may use 8.8.8.8 at the target host).

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Additionally, could you log in to the modem's web interface at 192.168.178.1 (or 192.168.100.1, when using bridge mode) and copy the data displayed on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs on the Advanced settings, Tools, Network status page?

Meindert
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1437Posts
  • 217Oplossingen
  • 585Likes

Hello @akosarev , I`m sorry to read that you experience these problems. It`s nice to see that you are asking for help when you can`t fine the cause of this. Our member @tobiastheebe has asked you a couple of good questions. Can you answer these questions so that we can search for the solution? Thank you! 

akosarev
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hello,

Thank you for answer and sorry for slow response. I have a very unstable internet today so I can get some data from it. My laptop is pretty close to router.

first image: speedtest test ping 48 instead of 5-10(at least 5 times longer), speed is 21.20 instead of 250mb(10 times slower)

akosarev_0-1669667125861.png

"Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?"

Do you think does is matter? It was much better 2-3 weeks ago, I didn't change anything

Also I attached Downstream, Upstream and Network Log

and  PingPlotter  screenshot

akosarev_1-1669667548697.png

just as an addition: I have a lot of video meetings during the day and have disconnect almost in every meeting. 

akosarev
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hello. thank you for response. 

I answered to @tobiastheebe  and I hope it will help to find the cause. but unfortunately today is very unlucky day in case of internet speed and stability.

akosarev
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

one more pingplotter screenshot

akosarev_2-1669667850319.png

akosarev
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

and one more

akosarev_3-1669668522781.png

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Downstream and upstream values are very good to excellent, event log does not indicate any potential problems either. Could you test the stability using a wired connection (ethernet)?

Rikst
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5181Posts
  • 488Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

Hi @akosarev

Have you been able to test the suggestion of @tobiastheebe to try an ethernet cable?

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic