ALADaM

Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Port Forwarding

Hello,

So I want to use port forwarding but the option is not there, I think my modem is now set to IPv6, where this is not possible.  So can you please activate the IPv4 profile for my modem so i can be able to do that ?! 
Kind regards

Oplossingen

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Jiri
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2539Posts
  • 346Oplossingen
  • 1002Likes

Hi @ALADaM , welcome to the Ziggo Community! Nice to have you here.

You were totaly right about the IP version. I see you allready called us about this. The modem has a IPv4 address now. 
Does the Port Forwarding work now?

Bekijk in context

Monica
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 772Posts
  • 154Oplossingen
  • 262Likes

Hey @ALADaM. Sorry to hear it's not fully resolved yet. I can see there's scheduled another mechanic for tomorrow, so i'm curious about the outcome. Will you keep us posted?

Bekijk in context

14 Reacties 14
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

This is a customer help customer forum where Ziggo moderators/employees, they have Ziggo in front of their name, usually drop by in every topic within one working day.

Make sure that your zip code and house number are in your Ziggo community profile, they cannot be seen publicly, so the correct information can be obtained immediately.

After clicking on the link below, scroll down on the next page: https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

ALADaM
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you for the informations, I already put all my details info in the profile, awaiting for ziggo to solve this problem.
Kind regards.

Jiri
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2539Posts
  • 346Oplossingen
  • 1002Likes

Hi @ALADaM , welcome to the Ziggo Community! Nice to have you here.

You were totaly right about the IP version. I see you allready called us about this. The modem has a IPv4 address now. 
Does the Port Forwarding work now?

ALADaM
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Jiri, Thank you for replying and yes it was solved and port forwarding is working now, but I noticed that the internet speed now is not stable, some times it goes to the full speed which is 300Mbps and some times it is stuck between 1 - 25 Mbps, Of course i got this results from ziggo speed test. 

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

@ALADaM To evaluate your signal, can you post here from your modem the full pages of downstream and upstream values with a screenshot and last days Network history?

Where can I find the up and downstream values of my modem?
https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Tips-van-Ziggo/Waar-vind-ik-de-up-en-downstreamwaarden-van-mijn-modem/...

Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with any splitters and amplifiers in the photo?

ALADaM
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi @Bert , those are the photos of the downstream and upstream, I got ziggo internet yesterday and I plugged the connect box myself in the living room with an adapter for it and for the media box. The adapter (or the splitter) number is POA-01-B.

ALADaM
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

@Bert And here is the photos of the network log, other strange thing that the connect box restart itself like three or four time a day!!

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

The signal looks terrible.

You plugged in, in the living room.

Is this the first place where Ziggo enters your house or in the place where the power is entering your house?

If not?

Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with any splitters and amplifiers in the photo?

ALADaM
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 6Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

@Bert This is the only plug that i have to connect ziggo to, Today a technician came and replaced the wall plug because as he said it is old and need to be replaced and he checked the main cable to see if the problem is there and it appears to be so, he said the signal supposed to be between 0-12 and it’s -4 at my house so he did made me a new appointment with his college to check the main cable that is coming from outside to my house.

Monica
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 772Posts
  • 154Oplossingen
  • 262Likes

Hey @ALADaM. Sorry to hear it's not fully resolved yet. I can see there's scheduled another mechanic for tomorrow, so i'm curious about the outcome. Will you keep us posted?

havezet

Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 6Likes

I would also like to use port forwarding but that option is not available in the Connect Box. 

Can you also enable this option for my modem? t.i.a.

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19179Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7281Likes

Good afternoon @havezet ! I understand you currently can't use the portforwarding option in the Connectbox modemrouter general user interface. I've checked your account details and I notice that your modem currently has an IPV6 Lite profile. I've send a request to change this to IPV4 only what allows you to use the advanced router settings such as Portforwarding. Please bear in mind that it can take up to 24 hours before the changerequest has been processed. 

havezet

Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 2Oplossingen
  • 6Likes

Thank you for your prompt response. 

Paul
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 19179Posts
  • 1373Oplossingen
  • 7281Likes