Reageer en help mee
KF1

Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Port Forwading

Hi,

I've followed the instruction (https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Tips-van-Ziggo/Port-forwarding-op-het-SmartWifi-modem-voorheen-Connect... )  to open the port for 5279 for my solar panel to send the data to the server. unfortunately, it didn't work out. I've disable the UnPn, but still it did not work. Can you help?

Screenshot 2022-07-03 235742.png

5 Reacties 5
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31060Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Port forwarding is not required for devices to establish an outbound connection, in this case to a server on the internet, only if devices must be reachable directly from the internet (inbound connection), for example from 4G/5G.

Please elaborate on what kind of problem you are running into and, if applicable, post the error message(s) displayed.

KF1
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

I have a solar panel with the Lanbox which is connected to the growatt server. The connection is established but there is no data flowing into the server(see snapshot below). According to the company, the port of 5279 shall be opened to send the data to the server. here is the instruction from the solar panel company https://www.zelfstroom.nl/klantenservice/storing-oplossen-en-verbinding-herstellen/thuisnetwerk/hoe-...

Screenshot 2022-07-06 051036.png

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31060Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Outbound ports are opened dynamically and do not require port forwarding. In this case, port 5279 was translated to 1029 by the router's NAT.

The ShineLanBox has successfully established a connection to the server, but the RF (wireless) link to the inverter was interrupted.

KF1
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

So it is nothing to do with Ziggo internet connection. I guess I need to contact the solar company? 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31060Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The video below might be of use:

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic