Vraag
Reageer en help mee
VincentVega

Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

PS4 connection with newly installed Ziggo pods

Hi. I have just installed WiFi pods at home. All went pretty OK and now all devices like PC or hpnes are connected BUT PS4 does not want to connect. Failure is "can not detect proxy server".... I have restarted both the rooter and PS4 and nothing is working though PS4 sees my netwwork. I have now tried with LAN connection and it works... I want however to use WiFi... what is wrong? how to fix it??

7 Reacties 7
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

I don't know much about the wifi from the PS4.

Possible solution:

You can use the UTP connector from the pod, if there is no cable from your modem to the pod.

It takes a while before there is a connection.

Maybe it helps, you have then a better connection the by wifi.

Template

Level 16
  • 2512Posts
  • 59Oplossingen
  • 802Likes

For the Playstation 4, it's not advised to use Wi-Fi at all. 

VincentVega
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

thx. connection is excellent. Pods are working with everything but PS4:(

VincentVega
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

thx. maybe but since 2 years worked perfectly well with Ziggo rooter and Ziggo booster. NOw changed to Ziggo pods and Wifi connection does not work. I need WiFi or I have cables everywhere on a floor and son can not play in his room where I only have WiFi access.... Msg from PS4 is " can not detect proxy server"   

Jamyla
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5792Posts
  • 685Oplossingen
  • 2412Likes

Goodmorning @VincentVega

Allthough, every single product should get a connection with the WifiPod, also the PS4. What kinda error message do you get while starting to connect with the SSID?

VincentVega
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi. Msg is network connection impossible. When I "test network" this is a failure at 3rd from top... so it finds my network, recognises IP and then a failure...  I think it mentiones DNS and/or proxy server connextion failure as well... but no proxy at home... 

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

I must admit that I am not at all familiar with how a Playstation works exactly, mostly due to the fact I don't own one. However after some checking with a co worker, we think it might be something in the Playstation network settings that might be causing these issues. Have you tried switching some of the settings around? 

It could also be the UPnP setting. Is that currently switched off?
And are you using portforwarding? 

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic