Vraag
Reacties
SShelat

Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Only IPv6 websites working through ethernet; WiFi doesn't work at all

My house has a Ziggo internet connection but since last week the WiFi does not work. Logging into the router shows that there is no internet connection. However, if I connect an ethernet cable directly to my laptop I can access websites that have an IPv6 version, such as Google, Youtube, Facebook, Wikipedia.

Ziggo tried switching to IPv4, but this did not change the situation. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

(Writing in English because my Dutch is not good enough for writing posts)
Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
SShelat
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi all,

First of all apologies for the very late reply - I realise it is very annoying. Unfortunately, I had a busy week at work 😕 and wasn't able to follow up.

hanh Thanks for your help! My intention wasn't to ignore your comment but I simply wasn't able to try out the things you asked and that's why I didn't respond to you alongside my previous responses.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to login to the Ziggo modem/router as you asked. When I messaged Ziggo about this they said that I they couldn't do anything because I don't own the connection (I am a tenant) and that I would have to ask my landlord to call them. This meant that I was out of the loop after that point.

The internet connection was back after that so either the landlord called them and Ziggo did something else; or, as you suggested, their earlier change to IPv4 took some time to come into effect.

Zpiep Thanks for your help as well! The ethernet cable was from the Ziggo modem. I also tried connecting to the WiFi from the Ziggo router - that at least worked (WiFi from the TP link router didn't work at all) but I could still only access IPv6 websites.

I wasn't able to check the complete status (from ipv6-test.com etc.) as I promised in an earlier comment but once I get home I'll post screenshots from the websites. From what I checked earlier, those websites now say that I don't have any IPv6 connectivity but I do have IPv4 connection. I also couldn't connect to ipv6.google.com.

Michael Ziggo Hey Michael, yes I am probably not registered because like I said I am just a tenant and don't own the connection - my landlord provides the internet.

Again, apologies for the delay and thanks for your help! I'll post the screenshots from the websites mentioned earlier. I'll also follow this thread for a few more days in case anyone would like more information on the case.

Bekijk in context

11 Reacties 11
hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes
Switching to IPv4 Firmware should fix your problem.
Check Beheer>Informatie in the ConnectBox or something like Admin>Info.
Does it look like the attached image?
Then you have IPv4 Firmware & everything should work fine now.

Or are there still any IPv6 addresses visible?
In that case the change to IPv4 Firmware isn't effective yet.
You could try a Factory reset:
https://community.ziggo.nl/internetverbinding-102/hoe-zet-ik-mijn-modem-terug-naar-de-fabrieksinstellingen-2945
In Dutch but I'm sure you'll find your way.

If no luck, you need to contact Ziggo again. Maybe they forgot to mention that a Firmware change can take a while. Can be a day or even longer..

Regards, Han
Zpiep

Level 1
  • 725Posts
  • 3Oplossingen
  • 65Likes
Test sites also test more then only the main test and also klick on hamburger menu for more info

Speeds, ping and more

http://ipv6-test.com/

http://en.conn.internet.nl/connection/

do tests with different settings network and with wifi and cable and so on post results here
SShelat
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Zpiep wrote:
Test sites also test more then only the main test and also klick on hamburger menu for more info

Speeds, ping and more

http://ipv6-test.com/

http://en.conn.internet.nl/connection/

do tests with different settings network and with wifi and cable and so on post results here

Here are the results of tests that I performed using the above websites:

Zpiep

Level 1
  • 725Posts
  • 3Oplossingen
  • 65Likes
you didn't klick on the hamburger menu with the score for more info.

ANd for the intnet nl has also dropdowns for more details!

Also difference WIFI versus cable ethernet connection tests.

The aprt you tested from has no ipv4 native sofar i see , so modem shouldn't have ipv4 firmware.

But did you do the test with ethernet cable?

To be very sure you're not on some other wifi connected.
Zpiep

Level 1
  • 725Posts
  • 3Oplossingen
  • 65Likes
Also to mention switching to ipv4 firmware is not a real solution but a hmm :wink:workarround for the real problem
SShelat
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Sorry, I should have been more clear:
I am not able to connect to WiFi with my TP-Link router at all. The only way I can connect to the internet is via ethernet cable. The results posted above are all using the ethernet cable.

I was wondering which hamburger menu you were referring to; I see it now. Will post the results from there by tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I cannot access Ziggo websites on the 'IPv6 internet' I get at home and I cannot access my home network for tests from work 😕
Zpiep

Level 1
  • 725Posts
  • 3Oplossingen
  • 65Likes
The ethernet cable, direct in through the Ziggo modem/ router ?
And TP-link switched off?

I asked to test and post here, so others reading this could see read which problems the not correct ipv6 solution you can have with.

Then also for docu , after Ziggo really updated / changed Firmware to compare here some screen prints from same tests afterwards.

A kind of short help topic then with examples. :wink:
hanh

Oud Community-lid
  • 17054Posts
  • 661Oplossingen
  • 3463Likes
SShelat
What about the problem with your request to switch to IPv4 Firmware?
Did you connect Ziggo about this again?
I quote my first reaction in this topic., that you seem to have neglected.

hanh wrote:
Switching to IPv4 Firmware should fix your problem.
Check Beheer>Informatie in the ConnectBox or something like Admin>Info.
Does it look like the attached image?
Then you have IPv4 Firmware & everything should work fine now.

Or are there still any IPv6 addresses visible?
In that case the change to IPv4 Firmware isn't effective yet.
You could try a Factory reset:
https://community.ziggo.nl/internetverbinding-102/hoe-zet-ik-mijn-modem-terug-naar-de-fabrieksinstellingen-2945
In Dutch but I'm sure you'll find your way.

If no luck, you need to contact Ziggo again. Maybe they forgot to mention that a Firmware change can take a while. Can be a day or even longer..
Michael Z1
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2609Posts
  • 346Oplossingen
  • 522Likes
Hi SShelat, welcome to our Community.

Are there any updates regarding this issue? I can't find you in our systems, so I'm curious. Please let us know how things are going.
SShelat
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Hi all,

First of all apologies for the very late reply - I realise it is very annoying. Unfortunately, I had a busy week at work 😕 and wasn't able to follow up.

hanh Thanks for your help! My intention wasn't to ignore your comment but I simply wasn't able to try out the things you asked and that's why I didn't respond to you alongside my previous responses.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to login to the Ziggo modem/router as you asked. When I messaged Ziggo about this they said that I they couldn't do anything because I don't own the connection (I am a tenant) and that I would have to ask my landlord to call them. This meant that I was out of the loop after that point.

The internet connection was back after that so either the landlord called them and Ziggo did something else; or, as you suggested, their earlier change to IPv4 took some time to come into effect.

Zpiep Thanks for your help as well! The ethernet cable was from the Ziggo modem. I also tried connecting to the WiFi from the Ziggo router - that at least worked (WiFi from the TP link router didn't work at all) but I could still only access IPv6 websites.

I wasn't able to check the complete status (from ipv6-test.com etc.) as I promised in an earlier comment but once I get home I'll post screenshots from the websites. From what I checked earlier, those websites now say that I don't have any IPv6 connectivity but I do have IPv4 connection. I also couldn't connect to ipv6.google.com.

Michael Ziggo Hey Michael, yes I am probably not registered because like I said I am just a tenant and don't own the connection - my landlord provides the internet.

Again, apologies for the delay and thanks for your help! I'll post the screenshots from the websites mentioned earlier. I'll also follow this thread for a few more days in case anyone would like more information on the case.
SShelat
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 5Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 0Likes
Here the results (I checked the dropdowns but they don't have any info not already shown in one of the screenshots):

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic