Vraag
Reacties
sahilabrol

Level 1
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Newly insalled Wifi not working

We had just got our wifi installed via a technician on Tuesday and it isnt working today. Any suggestions what can be the issue

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Erik S
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2262Posts
  • 356Oplossingen
  • 545Likes

Hi there @sahilabrol! Hope you've had a good weekend 🙂 How is it going with the wifi connection at home? Your modem seems to be online and several devices are connected with the wifi. The signal coming into your modem however seems to be seriously disturbed. 

If I am correct you've spoken to a colleague of mine last Friday and scheduled an appointment with the engineer for upcoming Thursday. Due to the disturbed signal I strongly advise to not cancel that appointment for a check on location. Please keep us posted here and let us know how the appointment went!

Bekijk in context

13 Reacties 13
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75177Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

Possibly it helps to get the modem for 30 seconds from the power.

If not, let us know.

sahilabrol
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

We did that as well and no change on Wifi status

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

@ sahilabrol Welcome to the Ziggo Community and to Ziggo with your package. Sour if there are cures with the wifi, but we'll figure it out. 

Do your other services work? And the wired internet connection? I couldn't get hold of your modem remotely: which lights are on exactly? 

You can also try these steps, we'd love to hear how far you get!

sahilabrol
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

The green lights are on and they are blinking. 

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

dit you connect it directly to the socket on where ziggo comes in the building green cable

can you post some photo's of how it's connected 

sahilabrol
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Please find attached

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

is this the first place where ziggo comes in the building or is there another one in the cupboard electricity cabinet

sahilabrol
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

this is the first place

sahilabrol
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

The Ziggo Tv connection through wire is working

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

can you post some upstream/downstream from the modem online web interface reachable at 192.168.100.1/192.168.178.1

also you can try this to the AOP splitter 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7Wa-ugt4M&ab_channel=CommunityStudio

Erik S
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2262Posts
  • 356Oplossingen
  • 545Likes

Hi there @sahilabrol! Hope you've had a good weekend 🙂 How is it going with the wifi connection at home? Your modem seems to be online and several devices are connected with the wifi. The signal coming into your modem however seems to be seriously disturbed. 

If I am correct you've spoken to a colleague of mine last Friday and scheduled an appointment with the engineer for upcoming Thursday. Due to the disturbed signal I strongly advise to not cancel that appointment for a check on location. Please keep us posted here and let us know how the appointment went!

sahilabrol
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi - Thanks and hope you had a great weekend too. The wifi is connected to devices at home but it doesn't work all the time.- Even the lights on the modem keep changing all the time. It chooses when to share signal and has been quite troubling. Have had to top up telephone connection with data multiple time. 

What could be the reason for the same ?

Yes the appointment is scheduled for day after tomorrow. Will be not cancelling the appointment since need it to be rectified.  

Erik S
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2262Posts
  • 356Oplossingen
  • 545Likes

I sure did, thank you 🙂 Like I mentioned in my previous message, the coaxial signal coming into your modem is no good. This must cause the issues you're experiencing. The modem relies on good and stable signal and if that is not present it will go offline and show different LEDs. The engineer will fix this for you!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic