Vraag
Reacties
rahmaniaam

Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

New modem keeps blinking Green light

Hi everyone, earlier today I received my modem (ConnectBox) and went through the instructions. Unfortunately on the step where the power lights should be a steady white, mine is a blinking green. Tried restarting every step 3x and just leaving it for a while but no luck. I tried to set it up in my meter cupboard but it seems the only power outlet there doesn't work, so that failed.

I also couldn't login to Mijn Ziggo to schedule an appointment, keeps saying there is a problem. Tried calling, I thought the answering robot told me to mention my postcode? So I spelled it out (first in English then tried again in Dutch) but it doesn't seem like its working so I hung up.

Screenshot_20221015-165642_Mijn Ziggo.jpg

Here are my downstream/upstream data:

Screenshot_20221015-172635_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-172630_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-172613_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-172640_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-172625_Chrome.jpg

Any help would be welcome, thanks!

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

can you remove the cable from the box you see at the verry top the one with the green cable  and connect that to the box you have the splitter or if there is not enough lengh

seee where this cable is going to 

robinjoo19_0-1665928982562.png

or @tobiastheebe maybe can you explain it more good than me

modem wordt correctly on aop with poa splitter

the box i see above the aop the one with the connector with green cable seems to be a passthrough leading to the living room

Bekijk in context

17 Reacties 17
MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

where is the modem connected to 

do you maybe have some images of the outlet it is connected to 

rahmaniaam
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

It's in my living room. Sorry I don't have any images right now as I'm currently living elsewhere at the moment, but it's 2 holes with the left labeled 'TV' and the right 'R', I connected to the TV one per instructions

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

you dont have any connection box in the meter cupboard where the electricity comes in ?

rahmaniaam
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

I do, but either the power outlet there doesn't work (hence the modem won't even turn on) or it's because the power adapter I got is slightly bent (which I forgot to mention, is this normal product quality?)

20221015_130450.jpg

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

i would first try really to connected the modem there its the main signal where ziggo comes in

it could be that the outlet elsewhere is not properly connected maybe use a eletricity extension cable/plug box

the modem works normally (despite of the bend pin on the power adapter)since the green light is blinking that means no suitable ziggo signal has been found on the tv/r outlet 

rahmaniaam
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Alright, I'll try it again tomorrow. Would honestly still prefer it being in my living room instead for the occasional wired connection, but it should suffice.

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

its just for testing to see if the modem does come online there

do keep us updated, also do make some photo's of how the things look  🙂

rahmaniaam
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Update: it is now working in the meter cupboard! I guess my question now is how to get it working in the living room? Is this something Ziggo technicians can help with or something only to be done by my property manager?

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

hello

we atleast now know there is a working ziggo signal coming into the house thats step 1 🙂

can you show us/me what cables you find there in the meter cupboard maybe we can find the cable thats suppose to route the signal to the ziggo outlet in the living room

PrivateerB

Level 8
  • 200Posts
  • 6Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

@rahmaniaam 

You can call Ziggo, when the voiceprompt does not understand you eventually it says type the 4 numbers of your postal code and after that you are able to connect to a real person.

About the test you did I think there might be bad cabling or splitter in between the cupboard (meterkast) and your connection in your room.

Is there only one TV connection in the house or are there several more, maybe on other floors?

rahmaniaam
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Sure, here

20221016_155220.jpg

20221016_155224.jpg

20221016_155230.jpg

20221016_155239.jpg

20221016_155244.jpg

  

rahmaniaam
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Oh that's useful to know, thanks!

As a matter of fact, there is one more connection in the bedroom above the living room, I'll try it out now

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

can you remove the cable from the box you see at the verry top the one with the green cable  and connect that to the box you have the splitter or if there is not enough lengh

seee where this cable is going to 

robinjoo19_0-1665928982562.png

or @tobiastheebe maybe can you explain it more good than me

modem wordt correctly on aop with poa splitter

the box i see above the aop the one with the connector with green cable seems to be a passthrough leading to the living room

PrivateerB

Level 8
  • 200Posts
  • 6Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

As we check the previous pictures we will see that the box on top holds a green wire with white connector going upstairs.

If you follow the white lead going down you will see it cut off. So I don't think there is any signal on any wire only from the green wire coming from the bottom. We proved that cause the modem works from there. The only place where a TV signal now is supplied is on the right connector from the splitter (Red arrow) If this is a rental place the wiring is probably crap.

I assume that cable TV never has been used before by @rahmaniaam right?

PrivateerB_1-1665931202424.png

PrivateerB_2-1665931229967.png

rahmaniaam
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 8Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

My living room and bedroom now has connection!

So the final wiring I have is this:

20221016_164517.jpg

20221016_163205.jpg

So first I tried in the bedroom, didn't work. Connected the blue line cable to the splitter next to the green one. The wifi worked! Moving on to try again in the living room, not working. Then connected the dangling cable you mentioned to the coax cable on the left and it worked!

So yeah for anyone else that might run into this problem, that's how the wiring works.

Thank you for your help! Now I know a bit more about Dutch TV/internet wiring than I thought I would 😄

MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

nice to see its working

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

A new extension cable should be made and installed between the splitter and the green cable to the living room, the existing white cable (marked 'montagekabel') may be used for this purpose. The top coax outlet and connector are both outdated and redundant, making the coax network and the modem vulnerable to noise ingress.

Also, remove the splitter's plastic enclosure, the POA 01-UPC version is known to cause poor contact with the AOP because of a design flaw.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic