Vraag
Reacties
moon0309

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

New customer, cannot connect to internet

I have recently moved to a new home and purchased a new internet+tv package for my place. Yesterday, I got the modem and mediabox by mail, but ever since I couldn't connect to the internet. The light on the modem is green and keeps blinking, which means that there is no connection. Here are the solutions that I tried:

- I connected the modem for several hours uninterrupted 

- I tried with and without the splitter

- I checked my main connection and verified that it is compatible (btv 01-SET) and is well connected to the coaxial cable

- I hard reset the modem

None of these worked for me so far. I contacted help desk and they also couldn't solve the issue, so they arranged for the mechanic (but it will be on Monday, so I'm doing my best to solve the issue beforehand).

Maybe related, I also tried to login to "mijn ziggo", but I keep getting Error code: 002. 

photo_2022-10-19_09-37-52.jpgphoto_2022-10-18_16-59-53.jpgphoto_2022-10-18_16-59-31.jpg

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Mooharius

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I just wanted to report back that an installation technician came to our house yesterday and found that the cable into the house was damaged and therefore there was no signal. This morning at 8 o'clock, two technicians were here to lay a new cable and since then everything works smoothly. It is absolutely great how quickly everything was done and how friendly all the employees were. Thanks a million!

Bekijk in context

9 Reacties 9
MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

hey

do you maybe have a ziggo box/aop in the meter cupboard somewhere ?

moon0309
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi,

I just doublechecked, there is no ziggo box/aop in the meter cupboard. The house has only one connection and I connected the modem to that one. 

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75182Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

A Ziggo moderator will visit this topic shortly to look at your problem.

Mooharius

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I have the exact same problem. I have also received my modem yesterday and when I connect it to the main connection the green status light keeps blinking. And when I want to log in to Mijn Ziggo or the app I also keep getting error code 002. Furthermore I wasn't able to reach the customer service, I always receive the message that the number is temporarily not available. Would be glad if there is a solution for this problem.

Kind regards

Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1334Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 676Likes

@moon0309 I understand this must be very frustrating that the installation has been done properly and now the signal does not work. 
I see a technician appointment has been made to solve this matter. This is the only right thing for this moment. Unless there is a green cable in the meter cupboard, you have done everything right. 

Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1334Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 676Likes

Hey @Mooharius welcome on our Ziggo Community. Sad to hear that you installed the modem but the modem does not get online. 
I have checked and see the signal should be working, I have planned a technician on the first available date: Tuesday 25th of October between 8-13 o'clock. 
Does this fit your schedule? Let me know what date + time frame will fit you the best. The appointments time frames are between 8-13/12-18. 

We did not have any outage on our number of the customer service. What number did you dial? Is this on a Dutch sim card, otherwise you cannot reach this 0900 1884. 

Mooharius

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi @Jos, thank you for your reply. In the meantime I have been to one of your stores and tomorrow a technician will come along. So I guess I do not need the appointment next tuesday.

Your colleague also stated, that it is not possible to dial the customer service from a non dutch sim card. So next time I will try it with my wifes phone.

Thanks for your efforts.

Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1334Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 676Likes

@Mooharius Kindly done! Good to hear you've fixed it yourself in one of our stores. You are welcome to come by any time if this is needed. 
You can always post here too for help by one of our community members or us moderators. 

I have canceled the double appointment and a technician will help you out tomorrow! 

Mooharius

Level 2
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I just wanted to report back that an installation technician came to our house yesterday and found that the cable into the house was damaged and therefore there was no signal. This morning at 8 o'clock, two technicians were here to lay a new cable and since then everything works smoothly. It is absolutely great how quickly everything was done and how friendly all the employees were. Thanks a million!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic