Vraag
Reacties
rknirmal

Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

New Ziggo subscription via overstappen but getting error "Connected but no internet"

Hello, this is my first post in the Ziggo community.I have recently taken a Ziggo subscription via overstappen from T-Mobile. I tried connecting the Modem but I get the error "Connected but no internet". I have tried configuring the modem (via 192.168.l78.1), resetting and rebooting the modem multiple times but with no result. It has been 5 days since I am struggling.

The configuration in the Mijn Ziggo page is shown in the attached picture. It states No RF signal detected. Can you please send a mechanic to resolve this asap and also have him help me setup my TV after the internet issue is resolved.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Lotte
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2761Posts
  • 400Oplossingen
  • 976Likes

Hello @rknirmal, welcome to Ziggo 🙂 I do see a mechanic did visit you today. Is the problem solved? We would like to hear from you. 

Bekijk in context

19 Reacties 19
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

A technician appointment may be required to (re)connect the main cable (usually green) to the EV ('eindversterker' = final amplifier).

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Lotte
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2761Posts
  • 400Oplossingen
  • 976Likes

Hello @rknirmal, welcome to Ziggo 🙂 I do see a mechanic did visit you today. Is the problem solved? We would like to hear from you. 

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thank you Lotte and @tobiastheebe for your replies. Yes, the issue is resolved now. The mechanic checked that there was no signal from outside the house and into the living room. He went outside and set it and then the RF signal came up in the modem. And post that he set up the media box too.

I have one request. Can you not send me smart WiFi boosters as the modem is installed in the living room and I don't think I will need the boosters anymore. This will mean a change in the abonnement. Is it possible for you to do it?

Thank you. Much appreciated!

Lotte
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2761Posts
  • 400Oplossingen
  • 976Likes

@rknirmal No problem, I'm happy to hear that the problem has been resolved! When I check your subscription, I can't find wifi boosters or pods. Did you recieve them allready? If so did you order them in our webshop? 

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thank you Lotte. Please see the attached copy of the bestelling email received from Ziggo. It contains extra costs per month for SmartWifi Pods. Will I receive the SmartWifi Pods since I am being charged for it. If that's the case, then can you please cancel it?

Lotte
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2761Posts
  • 400Oplossingen
  • 976Likes

@rknirmal I see. At this point I can't change it yet because the activation is still in progress. Can you send a reminder tomorrow? My collegue or I will make sure we will cancel the wifi pods. You don't need to pay for the wifi boosters since you have 14 days reflection period.

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Yes sure, I will send a reminder tomorrow regarding the SmartWifi Pods. But I just got an email from Ziggo that my first factuur is ready (attached) and the charges are very high. I am unable to see the invoice itself if I login to MijnZiggo. I hope the 50% discount for the first 12 months will be applied to the invoice. 

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

@Lotte , you had asked me to remind you for cancelling the SmartWifi Pods for me. Can you please do that and also reply to my message above about the high first invoice. Thank you.

Rikst
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5181Posts
  • 488Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

Thanks for you heads up @rknirmal. I would like to cancel the pods, but they are not available at your subscription, so there is no way for me to cancel them. Sorry for this confusing situation.  Therefore, I want to ask you to send us a message here when you have really received the Pods so we can still cancel them at that moment.

I had a look at the first invoice, this is higher because it calculates a period longer than 1 month. You have now payed till 31 August. You will receive a new invoice in August, this will be about the fees for september. 

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thank you for your message @Rikst . I haven't received the SmartWifi Pods but I have been charged for them in the invoice (attached). I don't want to be charged monthly for something which I haven't received and would not like to receive.

Rikst
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 5181Posts
  • 488Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

Hi @rknirmal, They are mentioned at the order confirmation, but not yet on your invoice. Since you did not receive them, you have not been charged for them 🙂 

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thanks @Rikst . That's a relief. 

I have another concern. Since yesterday's internet modem installation, I tried speedtests both with and without the Lan cable. With the direct cable connection also I am getting a maximum download speed of 100 Mbps whereas my subscription has a download speed of 1 Gbps. I am facing work call drops in just the next room where the modem is installed. Can you please send a mechanic to check it for me? The speed is 10 percent of the promised speed with the LAN cable and that is not ok with me. With WiFi it's even less. Work call drops are causing issues for me and my colleagues. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Try another UTP cable to ensure that the low download speed on ethernet is not a link speed issue. Ensure that you are connected to 5 GHz when using Wi-Fi, 2.4 GHz will usually not provide speeds above 70~80 Mbps.

Could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data according to these instructions?

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thanks for your reply @tobiastheebe. I haven't split the WiFi connection into 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz. The mechanic also did not do it when he came for the installation. Do you suggest that I split the WiFi into two? I know how to do it and I will do it and try again to check the WiFi speed. Hopefully 5Ghz should give me a good speed. I will keep you posted.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

A modern device should always connect on the 5 GHz band, provided sufficient signal strength is present. You may use the 'Connected devices' page within the web interface to verify whether a device is connected on the 2.4 or 5 GHz band. I only suggest setting split SSIDs in case of association problems on certain older and/or non-compliant devices.

If you could post the downstream/upstream data, I can verify the incoming/outgoing signal on the modem, to rule out problems in that area.

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi @tobiastheebe, I have split the modem bandwidth into 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz since one of my devices is an older device. 

Attached is the list of downstream/upstream data speeds on a mobile device connected to 5 GHz band. I have tried multiple times but the download speed does not go beyond 150 Mbps for my laptop and mobile. Connecting a direct LAN cable to the laptop gives me a download speed of 230-240 Mbps but never the promised speed nearing 1 Gbps. Can you please check my modem settings.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

I am not a Ziggo employee and am unable to check settings remotely.

You may configure the radio settings as follows:

Radio (Freq. Band) Mode Channel Channel Width
2.4 GHz 802.11n 1, 6 or 11 (use Wi-Fi analyzer to determine optimal channel) 20 MHz
5 GHz 802.11n/ac Automatic 20/40/80 MHz

As for ethernet not providing a sufficient download speed, could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data according to these instructions?

Carlien
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 2455Posts
  • 261Oplossingen
  • 1165Likes

Hello @rknirmal! We haven't heard from you in a while. How is it going with the connection at this moment? 🙂 

rknirmal
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 12Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Thank you for checking up on me @Carlien . It's going fine. No issues. If there is anything, I will ping in this forum. Thank you and have a nice day ahead!

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic