Vraag
Reacties
lee.shanghai

Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

New Connectbox Giga does not work

I have received Connectbox Giga 31th of Jan, and it is perfectly easy to install, but does not work at all, the light of box always changed from blinked white to red every time.

I have try a few times to install it,  things I have done as followed:

1, try 3 sockets, one in bedroom and 2 in living room, 

2, With or without splitter,

3, Reset 1 times,

4, Power off and unplug every time,

5, login 192.168.178.1, and indicated "No RF signal detected".

And is there other way to install Pods except mobile app, because my phones regional set, my iPhones and Mi 9 can't install Ziggo SmartWifi app.

Thank you very much.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

In fact, the technician did install a new AOP (TRISZ-DG300), this is now fully up-to-date. It would have been better if the AOP had been mounted to the wall, though.

20220208-03.jpg

How do the internet connection and Internet Giga plan perform?

Bekijk in context

20 Reacties 20
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Have you checked the meter cupboard ('meterkast') for the presence of a green cable and/or coax socket yet? The modem should be connected to the AOP ('Abonnee Overname-Punt' = main socket). The socket in the picture looks very unusual, I have never seen this type before.

Unfortunately, the hexagonal SmartWifi pods can only be installed using the SmartWifi app.

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Thank  you for your quick reply.

My apartment is a unit of 15 floors building which has 55 units. I am sure there is AOP. Ziggo salesman has checked my socket before contract was made and I was told there are a few clients in this building, and I can see 4-5  similar Wifi around like Ziggo764*****, I think we use  same cable and have same sockets.

I have take the photo of  my socket and a photo of my apartment for Google Map. pls have a look.

Thank you again.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

You should not share your address on a public forum, but judging by the construction date of the building (2005), the AOP must be located in the 'meterkast' in the entrance hall.

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Is it possible for me to check this in entrance hall of this high rise building?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Yes, just look for the electricity meter inside your apartment, the AOP should be located next to it.

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

@lee.shanghai Welcome to the Ziggo Community. Thanks for sharing the photos.

First of all I see that a mechanic is coming to your address, I assume that you are the one who arranged this? Absolutely great.

I suspect something is wrong with the connection point. This may be due to the distribution of the signal in the building.

The mechanic will find out. The information as you entered it for your address: is that the address where you actually live? Or is that the ''main address'' with all the divisions inside?

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

HI,

The address  I have written is a unit where I live now. This morning, a nice neighbor who use Ziggo also helped me to check the my own cupboard in the passageway and public cupboard in entrance hall at ground floor, and we think it is nothing about the public cupboard, where there are only and lots of things about electricity. 

My neighbor has suggested a new adopter or connector in my own cupboard and then install the new router there, and use boosters or pods inside of my apartment  to amplify.  I guess it is the solution for him too. It sounds reasonable.

Thank you very much.

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

@lee.shanghai Thanks for the explanation. You mean your neighbor did that for you so everything works now?

In that case you can of course cancel the technician via your own My Ziggo account.

Or do you mean something else?

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Not yet, nothing is working yet so far. 

I hope the professional can fix the whole mess on Monday. 

Thank you, and have a nice weekend.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Could you post a picture of your meter cupboard?

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Ok, pls have a look  at the splitter just right side, where I think new connector will be installed. 

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

sorry, left side.😁

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Found the AOP:

20220204-01.JPG

Both AOP (TRIS-102B?) and splitter (ES-02?) are outdated and need replacing, the technician will take care of this. An amplifier (GHV 820 A) and multitap were installed as well, which feed the various sockets inside the apartment.

You could connect the modem directly to the AOP (using the IEC/F green/red cable) to see if it comes online.

It appears that the previous owner left their Experia Box modem router (used for KPN DSL), or is it yours?

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Ok, thank you,  I will try it weekend.

KPN modem is also mine, and will be expired in next a few days.

Thank you again, and have a good weekend.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Glad to help, looking forward to an update.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Did you manage to connect the modem directly to the AOP yet?

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

The technician has connect modem directly to the green coaxial cable, but it still did not work at all. Then the Main Sockets was found by my neighbors and the technician in some corner of the basement  which has been forgotten for years, and found my cable has been disconnected. He has fixed it. 

And, the modem is working well, but pods is working in a very unstable way, before the technician left, he suggested  that a new booster TP-Link Deco E4 3 package should be necessary. 

Then, I have tried 2 pods a few different sockets in the apartment, and it did not work very well.  Finally, I have restarted my old booster Fritz Wlan-Repeater, surprisely, it looks working very well so far.  

Thank you very much.  

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31064Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Your apartment was apparently still disconnected at the building's EV ('eindversterker' = final amplifier) multitap. I am glad that the technician has resolved this, I assume he replaced the outdated AOP inside your apartment as well?

lee.shanghai
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

No,  he did not. I have taken a photo of metercast.  

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic