Vraag
Reacties
wary

Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Network connection is lost while using PC

I have a long-lasting problem that happens a few times a day. I realize the problem by internet loss and when I check, I see the whole wired and wireless connection is down. All devices at home lose connection, I cannot reach the Ziggo modem page also cannot ping it. After a few minutes, the connection is back to normal again which seems like a reboot happens.

This problem happens when I use my personal computer which is connected to the Ziggo modem through an ethernet cable. There seems to be a relationship with using specific websites like youtube.

I have already requested support for this problem 2.5 months ago. A technician came to my house and said there is a problem with my modem and gave me a new one of the same model. He also lowered the input signal coming to the modem. My problem hasn't been resolved since then. I also tried installing an AP between the pc and modem afterward but it didn't improve the situation either.

I found some similar problems in the forum which are solved by changing the Ziggo modem to another brand;

https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Internet/Modem-reboot-na-bezoeken-bepaalde-website/td-p/803038

https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Internet/ConnectBox-herstart-regelmatig-sinds-enkele-dagen/td-p/795722

When I check network logs, I don't see error logs but notices and warnings containing descriptions like "MIMO Event MIMO", "Illegal - Dropped INPUT packet", "TR069 start", "TR069 stop", "TR069 unexpected exit"

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Yes, the network log is what I meant. 🙂 The log is easily flooded by firewall events (lines prefixed with 'Illegal'), which is unfortunate. It does not show the reboot itself and the evens preceding it. It does show some 'TR-069 unexpected exit' events, which might be a concern and indicative of the modem having trouble communicating on the network. This might be caused by the less-than-optimal signal values.

You could apply these settings (page and screenshots in Dutch, sorry about that) to see if the modem stability improves and the reboots stop occurring. The settings should have a positive impact on the modem's CPU/RAM load.

Finally, taking a look at the coax setup might reveal some useful info.

Bekijk in context

8 Reacties 8
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

A modem swap to a UBC1318ZG requires potential installation and signal problems to be ruled out first.

Could you post one or more pictures of AOP (main socket inside utility closet ('meterkast') or in living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Additionally, could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data? Instructions can be found here.

wary
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thank you for your answer. As I see on the modem interface, the downstream power is between 8-11 dBmV and SNR is 37-38 dB on each channel. The upstream power is 48-49 dBmV and the symbol rate is 5.120 ksps.

I will send the pictures of what I can find at the first chance. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Please post the full DS/US data. The RS errors (DS) and timeouts (US) are important as well.

Looking forward to above data and pictures.

wary
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I am sending the full data as pdf.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

DS signal strength is slightly too high and US signal strength is approaching maximum.

The modem appears to have (been) rebooted earlier today. Could you post the event log?

wary
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Yes, the problem occurred today, which was probably a restart.

Do you mean network logs? I am sending them but they seem to be filtered by time and do not show all day.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15502Likes

Yes, the network log is what I meant. 🙂 The log is easily flooded by firewall events (lines prefixed with 'Illegal'), which is unfortunate. It does not show the reboot itself and the evens preceding it. It does show some 'TR-069 unexpected exit' events, which might be a concern and indicative of the modem having trouble communicating on the network. This might be caused by the less-than-optimal signal values.

You could apply these settings (page and screenshots in Dutch, sorry about that) to see if the modem stability improves and the reboots stop occurring. The settings should have a positive impact on the modem's CPU/RAM load.

Finally, taking a look at the coax setup might reveal some useful info.

wary
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I have applied the missing settings you sent and will be monitoring if the stability improves.

Thank you very much for your help.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic