Vraag
Reacties
marioa90

Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

My internet have been unstable

My internet has been unstable for the last ~10 days - I have read the other threads and none seem to fix it.

Issues I face:

Download speed goes instantly from 70 to 25-30

Zoom calls keep breaking up & sometimes drop - not good for work

While web browsing, every 10 minutes any page going to gets stuck for 30 seconds trying to load

All these issues were not happening ~10 days ago

I sit 1.5 metes away from the router with only a thin door in-between, so distance and obstacles are not the problems - ping from the router and my laptop are the same ->  8.8.8.8:  seq=7 ttl=118 time= 11,858 ms

I tried rebooting the router, it didn't help.

please assist

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Alright, thanks for updating your profile and posting the screenshots @marioa90!

The Post RS Erros on the downstream bonded channels are not good.  In the system I see that the cables and modem are quit new. I think an engineer is the best option to solve the problems. 

Because of that I made and appointment for Tuesday 0800-1300 hour. If you want you can change this appointment in Mijn Ziggo. Please keep us posted!

Bekijk in context

10 Reacties 10
Steefb

Level 20
  • 15868Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7264Likes

First, try this.

Sometimes the splitter just doesn't fit well on the connection. Check out this video on how to easily solve that by removing the white cap.

https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/Support-Video-s/Hoe-haal-je-het-witte-kapje-van-de-splitter-Zo-dus/ba-...

marioa90
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hi Steefb,

This is one of the initial things I have tried but still did not solve the problem. I can connect fine to the internet but the service is intermittent and unreliable. 

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Hello @marioa90,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to read that your internet is unstable for the last days 😞 Memoving the white cap was a good advice, but what a pity that thit wasn't the sollution.

Let's look further. Can you share a picture of the down- and upstream of your modem? And please let us know your zipcode and housenumber in your Community profile (only moderators can see that). 

marioa90
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Hello

The screenshots are attached and the profile is updated

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Alright, thanks for updating your profile and posting the screenshots @marioa90!

The Post RS Erros on the downstream bonded channels are not good.  In the system I see that the cables and modem are quit new. I think an engineer is the best option to solve the problems. 

Because of that I made and appointment for Tuesday 0800-1300 hour. If you want you can change this appointment in Mijn Ziggo. Please keep us posted!

marioa90
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Eric, Am I really being charged more than what I pay per month, for Ziggo to fix a problem on its side? If you're offering me two options to be unhappy I prefer being unhappy for free.
Please cancel the appointment and the ticket can be closed. Thanks

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

A solution of the problem was the purpose of this appointment. Not costs or being unhappy for free. An engineer is free when the problem is on our network or our modem. The cables are brand new, that’s the reason why I mentioned that.

If you want you can cancel the engineer in Mijn Ziggo. But I hope the engineer get the opportunity to solve the problem.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

@marioa90 Read the email carefully. 

Werk en kosten
Voor het vaste bedrag van € 50 bent u zeker van een oplossing. Al het nodige werk en materiaal zijn inbegrepen, ook de voorrijkosten. De reparaties aan het Ziggo netwerk, apparatuur die u van ons leent of aan het eerste aansluitpunt in huis zijn natuurlijk altijd voor onze rekening.

Work and costs For the fixed amount of € 50 you are sure of a solution. All necessary work and materials are included, including call-out costs. The repairs to the Ziggo network, equipment that you borrow from us or to the first connection point in the house are of course always at our expense.

marioa90
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 5Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I think I did, Bert. Work and costs For the fixed amount of € 50 you are sure of a solution. All necessary work and materials are included, including call-out costs. Is as confusing as it could be, and it doesn't clearly mention that it will be waived if the issue is on Ziggo's side.

Thanks for clarfying Eric. Let's give the engineer a chance and I am of course happy to pay if the problem is on my side. Thanks

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Let's keep in touch 🙂

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic