Reacties
Chooks

Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

My Living Room Connection not working.

Hello,

I recently moved to an apartment. Before then I notified of my move. Yesterday, I was told that my connection is ready and that I can use my package.
I tried connecting the Modem in the living room but the green light keeps blinking. I used the port in the bedroom and everything worked fine.
I need help because I want to use the living room and not the bedroom.
My modem is SmartWifi Modem.

Kind regards

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

For a better wifi in your house, this is than the solution: 

SmartWifi pods | de beste wifi-oplossing voor bij je thuis (ziggo.nl)

You can connect them through wifi or network cable, I have trough wifi 650 Mbit/s download with a with a wired SmartWifi pod.

Bekijk in context

17 Reacties 17
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

Can you place a photo here from both the wall sockets?

In any case, the modem must be within 1.5 meters where Ziggo enters your home.

If you don't have enough WiFi in your home, there are various options to get that right.

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes
  • Hi Bert
    Bedroom socket, closer to the main connectionBedroom socket, closer to the main connectionLiving room socket, farther from the mainLiving room socket, farther from the main
  • The bedroom is closer to the entry point(main connection point) than the living room.
Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

@Chooks "to the entry point(main connection point)"

Can you place a photo of that entry point?

Because that is the point where to place your modem.

There are various ways to still have good WiFi in the home if the modem is to far away, but that depends on the circumstances.

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

The entry pointThe entry point

The entry point

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

Your modem should be there with the splitter on that wall socket.

That is the only place where Ziggo guarantees you a good internet connection.

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Bert,
I connected my modem from the main point. I could barely browse. My home-office is far from the point but closer to the wall port in the living room. I couldn't join a meeting this morning. 
I think I will need an Engineer to check it. The wall port in the living room should have connection IMHO because that is where all my gadgets are.

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

Hello @Chooks, welcome here! 

I'm really sorry to read that the connection isn't doing quite what it should be doing. If you've also tried a direct connection to the main connection point, then I think an engineer is the best solution for you. 

Is there an addition to your house number? If so, please add that to your profile. Through all the additional house numbers, you're now very hard for me to find 😉 

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi  Marije,
I have updated the house number.

I also would appreciate if an engineer is sent to help me sort it out.

Kr,

Chooks

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

Thank you, @Chooks! Looking into your details I see that you're subscription hasn't been activated yet on your address. That might be where the issues are coming from. Two days ago you received the e-mail that the subscription could be ordered for you, however I don't see the actual order coming through or having been registered from before. Is this a whole new Ziggo subscription or did you already have a Ziggo subscription on another address before and moved the hardware with you to this place?

Have you also responded to the e-mail you got about the issues you're experiencing now? Because I'm pretty sure it's more of an administrative than technical problem, to be honest.

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I already have a subscription in my former address, I notified of my move which will take effect tomorrow, 25th of August. I only opted for an Internet Max package (I removed the TV) which has been processed. I got an email on Monday that my new apartment has been connected already that I can now use my package.
So, I don't know where the mix up is coming from.
I have been using a  temporary internet provided by Ziggo. 

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

Ah, I see. That actually makes a lot of sense now. As of this moment all of your services are still administratively active on your old address. With the move tomorrow they will be administratively moved to your new address. From that moment, the right information will be send from our network to your modem. This is why the internet is so very poorly right now, because your subscription is not yet active on your new address. 

I'm very confident that tomorrow once the move has taken place within our system, the problems you experience will be fixed. If however you do need an engineer after that, don't hesitate to send me a message here. I'll then gladly book an appointment with the engineer for you!

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Marije,

Thanks for your assistance so far. My move has been processed but unfortunately the modem is still blinking(green) in the living room.
I think I need an Engineer to check it. 

Kind regards,

Chooks

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

@Chooks Your modem should be connected on the wall socket with the orange Ziggo on it.

That is the only place where Ziggo guarantees you a good working internet connection.

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Bert,
I already connected and the Wifi signal was very poor from my work room, I couldn't even join a Microsoft team meeting. I have explained this again and again. 
We already had a lot of conversations on this. 
I will have to look for an option.

Regards.
Chooks

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21928Likes

For a better wifi in your house, this is than the solution: 

SmartWifi pods | de beste wifi-oplossing voor bij je thuis (ziggo.nl)

You can connect them through wifi or network cable, I have trough wifi 650 Mbit/s download with a with a wired SmartWifi pod.

Chooks
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 10Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Bert,
Thanks a lot for your support.
I did two things already, I ordered for Internet Giga package and smart wifi boosters.
I hope to get the speed and stability I desire with them.

Thanks and regards,

Chooks

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic