Vraag
Reacties
arty91

Level 2
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Modem installation in the living room.

Hi guys. Im about to go for Ziggo as  my new isp. Before I make last clap I want to ask you if my modem could be placed in the living room. The green cable is situated in the ‚meterkast’ outside apartment on a hallway. From there its splitted somehow and goes to two rooms. I upload photos from aop and living room. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15504Likes

Provided that sufficient signal strength + quality is present at the AOP (main socket) and all outdated components are upgraded (AOP, splitter, TV/R socket in living room) the modem might provide reliable internet connectivity. However, as already mentioned by @Steefb, no guarantees.

Connection of the modem to the AOP with a maximum of one splitter, using a 1.5-meter cable, is the only connection method specified and guaranteed by Ziggo.

Bekijk in context

7 Reacties 7
Steefb

Level 20
  • 15868Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7264Likes

The modem should be installed within 1 mtr on the AOP (green cable) preferably with the suplied cable.

That way it's operation is guaranteed.

If the wifi is not good enough that way, use a booster or something similar.

arty91
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

I understand this. But some of my devices are running wired (like ps5). If my modem has to stay there, it is a kind of trouble. I read some topic, that people had installed their modem in the living room instead of meterkast with succes. My question was more like, will it technically work from that kind of contact that is situted in the living room.

Steefb

Level 20
  • 15868Posts
  • 2991Oplossingen
  • 7264Likes

It might work, it is not guaranteed.

arty91
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

So the contact in the living room is capable of being main connection point for the modem. The only thing that this might not work is that its located further away from aop, right?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15504Likes

Provided that sufficient signal strength + quality is present at the AOP (main socket) and all outdated components are upgraded (AOP, splitter, TV/R socket in living room) the modem might provide reliable internet connectivity. However, as already mentioned by @Steefb, no guarantees.

Connection of the modem to the AOP with a maximum of one splitter, using a 1.5-meter cable, is the only connection method specified and guaranteed by Ziggo.

Lotte
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2761Posts
  • 400Oplossingen
  • 976Likes

Welcome at the Ziggo Community @arty91. Did the advice of @tobiastheebe help you to solve the problem? 

arty91
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 9Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 2Likes

Yes thanks

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic