Vraag
Reacties
Shradha

Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Issue with Internet installation

I applied online for Ziggo internet and received modem with details last week. No one from Ziggo came to install my internet so I tried on my own but unable to do that.

I am currently struggling with this installation. Already followed all steps given in different screens or videos available on Youtube.

Also raised one Incident: ***edit by moderator*** for the same. I am not sure what is the next step and to whom should I reach here if technician will not come to my place.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1329Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 665Likes

Hi @Shradha thanks for putting your topic here on the Ziggo Community and I am sorry to hear you are wrestling to get the connection up and running. 
I checked your customer info and was happy to see 2 appointments made today for the 5th of May between 8-13 o-clock. This was done by the e-mail with the given reference number. I have removed this for privacy reasons. 
2 appointments for the same date and time is a bit too much, I have canceled therefore 1 of the 2 appointments. This will also be confirmed by e-mail. 

If you are in any need, let us know!

Bekijk in context

22 Reacties 22
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

You did not mention which kind of problem you ran into?

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75176Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

A Ziggo moderator can help you schedule a technician.

This is a customer help customer forum where Ziggo moderators/employees, they have Ziggo in front of their name, usually drop by in every topic within one working day.

Make sure that your zip code and house number are in your Ziggo community profile, they cannot be seen publicly, so the correct information can be obtained immediately.

After clicking on the link below, scroll down on the page: https://community.ziggo.nl/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75176Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house with any splitters and amplifiers and modem in the photo?

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I have added my house number and zip code. How can I request for technician help now who can come and install my new internet connection.

Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1329Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 665Likes

Hi @Shradha thanks for putting your topic here on the Ziggo Community and I am sorry to hear you are wrestling to get the connection up and running. 
I checked your customer info and was happy to see 2 appointments made today for the 5th of May between 8-13 o-clock. This was done by the e-mail with the given reference number. I have removed this for privacy reasons. 
2 appointments for the same date and time is a bit too much, I have canceled therefore 1 of the 2 appointments. This will also be confirmed by e-mail. 

If you are in any need, let us know!

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Thanks.

We will wait for technician to come and complete this first installation.

Regards

Shradha

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I received one appointment schedule for technician for 5th May and that one is now cancelled.

Can you please check again and confirm if it still exists in your system.

Regards

Shradha 

Jos
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 1329Posts
  • 203Oplossingen
  • 665Likes

Still 1 active appointment 🙂 You can see this in Mijn Ziggo too.

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Jos,

I am completely new to this and translating everything ☹️

Please guide me with the path where can I see scheduled appointment as I cant afford any further delay.

Regards

Shradha

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75176Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21923Likes

If you have a Ziggo subscription, you can create a My Ziggo and you can see under Monteursafspraken / Mechanics appointments that there is a mechanic appointment.

You can also change this every morning, then the agenda is adjusted and you may be able to make the appointment earlier if there is an other appointment canceled.

Make a Mijn Ziggo account: Een nieuw account - Ziggo

Erik P
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 3232Posts
  • 585Oplossingen
  • 769Likes

Hi @Shradha,

You have made it! The appointment is earlier (tommorow) now 🙂

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi Erik,

Yes I am able to do so fortunately. 

Also strange that internet got connected today morning  for few mins and again disconnected. It is showing locked now. I can also see ping logs showing internet in morning and not now.

It shows that installation is done correctly and issue is something else. I was chatting with customer care as well and they suggested that technician will help us with that. Its really frustrating me now ☹️ 

Regards

Shradha

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Downstream appears OK, good power level and MER. Only one channel being locked is usually caused by a ranging or registration problem. The other 23 channels are not locked until the end of the registration process.

Could you post one or more pictures of the AOP (main outlet in meter cupboard or living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Additionally, could you post the modem’s upstream/configuration/log data?

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Here are few more screens. Is technician will be able to help and set-up it completely well for us?

Regards

Shradha

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

The log indicates that the modem is unable to complete initial ranging (i.e. establish communication to the CMTS), resulting in T4 timeouts. This may be caused by a signal impairment, such as excess noise or attenuation.

The splitter (POA-01-B) is redundant, you may remove it and connect the modem directly to the AOP outlet.

Afterwards, you may power cycle or reboot the modem and post the downstream/upstream data once again.

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I hope these all can be done by Ziggo technician who is coming tomorrow at my place. I am not sure I will be able to do all these as I am not expert enough with these.

Regards

Shradha

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Yes, the technician will be able to resolve the apparent US problem and perform additional signal verification as required.

Could you keep us updated on the (results of the) appointment?

Shradha
Topicstarter
Level 2
  • 11Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

I received internet signal now again and there is no green light on modem. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15501Likes

Could you post the downstream/upstream data once again?

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic