jcrk2013

Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Is this white cap slowing my internet speed?

• I've seen plenty if posts about the new wall socket and a white cap is on the spliter that the technition put in does it hinder speeds for giganet as well?
16 Reacties 16
MR_CHIP

Level 19
  • 11498Posts
  • 131Oplossingen
  • 3968Likes

it should not cap your speed i have that white cap at my splitter and it works good

unknown.png

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

That is possible.

Maud
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2197Posts
  • 230Oplossingen
  • 415Likes

Hai @jcrk2013

Too bad you're experiencing problems with the speed. It's possible that the white cap can cause trouble, but it's not always. What is the speed you're getting through a network cable? Can you share that with us? Also you can send us a picture of the first connection in your house and how your modem is connected to this point. Then we can check it! 

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Right now I'm not getting any speed cause i have no internet connection

Maud
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2197Posts
  • 230Oplossingen
  • 415Likes

Oh no! How is the internet connection right now? Did you already restart your modem by pulling out the adapter from the socket? You could also try these steps

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

i sorted that with the ziggo webcare team on twitter still waiting on the 1gbps singal to hit the modem

Marije
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4558Posts
  • 643Oplossingen
  • 1723Likes

Glad that the Webcare team was there to sort that out with you, @jcrk2013. Will you let us know if the 1 gpbs has been sorted as well (depending on how long the Webcare team is expecting that to take) ? 🙂

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

I belive the 1 gig singal was supposed to be activated yesterday but im still only seeing speeds under 100mbps 

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

slow internet.pngnetwork card.png

i do have a 1 gig capibale, network card in my computer. so somewheres between point a and point B i'm not getting the full speed back. i went into the modem settings it's self to look for some answer but there's alot of technical stuff that's beyond me. to understand. so i've been trying to compile information, for the mechanic that's coming monday.

Erik S
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2262Posts
  • 356Oplossingen
  • 545Likes

Hi there @jcrk2013! I am sorry your download speed seems to be capped at around 100 Mbps. Have you connected your computer directly to our modem with an ethernet cable Cat5e or better? So no routers, switches, etc. in between that could cause your speed to get capped? The engineer can locate the problem for you but how nice would it be if we can solve the issue ourselfs 🙂

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

No everything is direct threw the modem this problem exists on all devices  so i know its just not the pc

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

ps4 speed test.jpg

This is a speed test from my ps4 pro, to show its happening on more then one device  the computer is using a cat5e and the ps4 pro is using a cat 6

Vincent
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4352Posts
  • 574Oplossingen
  • 2127Likes

Hmm, that's far from the speed you've expected. I have doublechecked the signal, the connection and your subscription but I can not see any problems at the moment. I'll see that you also have scheduled an appointment with the technician for tomorrow. Please provide us some intel after he has visited you!

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

I will @Vincent the technician will be here at any moment, so hopefully we can have a solution.

jcrk2013
Topicstarter
Level 3
  • 13Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

So a salution has been found it was indeed a faulty modem the technition replaced the modem and i have my full speed back on the internet

Louis
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 796Posts
  • 91Oplossingen
  • 137Likes

Nice to hear that the mechanic was able to find out what the problem is and thank you for the feedback @jcrk2013! If you have any questions in the future, you know where to find the community. I'm going to close this thread.

Uitgelicht topic