Reacties
darthinvader

Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Ip ban firewall

Hi,

I have a white compal model (I hope that what it is) from ziggo.

Apparently it doesn't have any interface for blocking Ips. Is there a firmware update for the router to do it? I've seen videos (I think it was literally the ziggo channel) that had an extra option in the sidebar, which is now gone that did exactly this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

You will need to use a DNS forwarder (e.g. a separate router or Pi-hole server w/ dnsmasq) to block requests to specific domains. This functionality is not supported by the Connect Box modem.

Bekijk in context

4 Reacties 4
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

You should be able to drop requests to/from specific addresses using the 'IP and Port Filtering' page.

darthinvader
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 2Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

How? It only accepts ipv6 and I want to block sites as well (yeah i guess you are correct I said Ip ban not site banning)

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

You will need to use a DNS forwarder (e.g. a separate router or Pi-hole server w/ dnsmasq) to block requests to specific domains. This functionality is not supported by the Connect Box modem.

Maud
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2197Posts
  • 230Oplossingen
  • 415Likes

Good afternoon @darthinvader
Welcome on the Ziggo Community. I see tobiastheebe gave you advice for this issue. Did you tried the separate router or Pi-hole server already?

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic