Hello all! I hope everyone is doing good!
Until September I was living in Hilversum and my Ziggo internet has always been great for the whole 3 years I lived there. Always very stable and reliable. From September onwards we moved to Arnhem and I noticed that the quality of the internet over here dropped significantly, when compared to Hilversum. My internet speed is modest, 100mbps/20mbps, and it always served me perfectly, but now it seems that it is being affected by something which is out of my control, something that is likely taking away its stability.
Some issues I'm facing, right now:
1. First thing that really bothered me, since day 1 of living here, is that sometimes (and there's no way to predict when) the internet connection seems to "pause". I've chosen the word "pause" because nothing seems to happen in the network, from the point of view of my devices, it's just that there's zero traffic for some seconds. Everything that you're doing on the internet stops/drops/disconnects because of it, and then the connectivity comes back like nothing happened.
2. I'm experiencing VERY bad latency (and aggressive latency variation) during gaming sometimes. I can't really see a proper pattern but it seems like it gets worse during the day on the weekends and by the end of the afternoon on week days (>18:00).
3. Right now, while I'm writing this message, I'm having terrible download speeds. I'm downloading an update to a game at 300kbps, which is almost unbelievable nowadays, since I can usually download these updates at at least >5mbps.
Some extra stuff about my setup here:
- My Ziggo Connect Box lives downstairs and I'm not able to use a wired connection to my computer upstairs yet, so I use Wi-fi. I know that it will never be able to achieve the same performance as Ethernet, but I'm aware of that and I'm ok with the latency I get during gaming, when everything is nominal. Whenever the events I described earlier are happenning, it can be definitely noticed, since it's not subtle at all. The latency gets really bad, to the point where it makes no sense to keep playing anymore.
- Another thing that I think it's worth to mention is that when we moved we got 2 Wi-fi booster pods from Ziggo and we are using them to amplify the Wi-fi signal in the apartment.
- I'm not using any filters, like the POAs. The cable goes directly in the Connect Box.
- It can be inferred by my internet speed, but I guess it doesn't hurt to mention that my connection is not optic fiber, but coax.
I'm writing here because I don't know exactly what I can do about it, since these events are non-reproducible. I can't just call a technician because it's likely that they will come and nothing will be happening. Regardless, I'd really like to understand what is going on, because it's been really annoying lately and since I've always had perfect internet from Ziggo for years, I know for a fact that what's happening shouldn't be happening.
I would really appreciate any tips and info about how to proceed.
Many thanks in advance to all the community!