Vraag
Reageer en help mee
Inês nunes

Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Internet probleem but WiFi ok

Hello, I’m Inês and at the moment I’m having Some problemas with my pc connection to the internet. I have a Mac and an iPad. With the iPad I can dive on the internet, and also with my mobile phone, but not with my Mac pc. The WiFi in the Mac is on but when I click on Google, it doesn’t go further. This is the first time that I’m having problems with internet connection, because I have lived in Rotterdam and Dordrecht, with no ziggo net and the pc worked wel.

i think that I must change something in the pc properties but as I’m no expert , I would appreciate Some help. 
looking forward to hearing from you

kind regards 

Inês 

9 Reacties 9
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Could you execute the commands below using the Terminal application and post screenshots of the results?

ifconfig

ping -c 4 8.8.8.8

ping -c 4 ipv4.google.com

ping -c 4 ipv6.google.com

Inês nunes
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hello Tobias where do I do that?  In the settings  from de Mac?

os

Level 6
  • 129Posts
  • 8Oplossingen
  • 60Likes

@Inês nunes Press Command (⌘) + Spacebar and type "Terminal". Then press Enter to open it.

Inês nunes
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Hi it saus that the Ping c interface does not exist 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

Did you type the command exactly as shown above? You may also use the Network Utility to perform the ping tests and display the interface/IP settings.

Lotte
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 2761Posts
  • 400Oplossingen
  • 976Likes

Hello @Inês nunes, as I can read there are some issues with the internet connection. @tobiastheebe did assist you allready. Can you answer his last question. This makes it more easy to find a solution. 

Inês nunes
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 4Posts
  • 0Oplossingen
  • 0Likes

Unfortunately not. Tomorrow I’m going to ziggo  and to Mac 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31062Posts
  • 2180Oplossingen
  • 15500Likes

The store employees will not be able to assist you with this problem, troubleshooting must take place at your current location. I suggest having a service technician visit you if you are unable to follow the instructions provided earlier.

Madelon
Oud Community Moderator
Oud Community Moderator
  • 996Posts
  • 122Oplossingen
  • 418Likes

hi @Inês nunes, how are the network problems you experienced before? Can we still help?

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic