Vraag
Reacties
DanielKP

Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Internet drops out - due to coax splitter?

Dear Ziggo Community,

I am a new Ziggo customer in Rotterdam, for 2 weeks now.  Since the beginning, I experience some problems with my internet: 3-5 times a day the connection drops, it seems that the model (Connectbox) restarts. Each time the internet (both via Wifi and UTP) is gone for 5-15 minutes.

I went to the modem's page and I saw that under Downstream a couple of channels had low (<37) SNRs and also there were millions of Pre RS Errors for those channels.

Following some previous posts here, I tried to remove the Braun Telecom 1-2 cable splitter that I received in the started pack and plug in the modem directly. This seems to solve the problem! The SNR values are higher and there are much fewer Pre RS Errors.

I think the problem is that the splitter cannot fit tightly into the cable socket.

Do you know if Ziggo has a different type of splitter? Where can I request one?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Oplossing

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
DanielKP
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi! It seems that the problem is gone once I bought a new coax cable for the TV (Class A++, better shielded). Now there are no errors and the modem does not restart. Thanks for your help! Best, Daniel

Bekijk in context

5 Reacties 5
Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Ziggo has two basic types of splitters, there are more splittrs with more output options, but de basics are the same.

Can you place a photo here of the first place where Ziggo enters your house?

DanielKP
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Dear Be rt,

Thank you very much for your help! What I observed is that the internet seems fine via the splitter as long as the TV cable is not connected.

When the TV cable is connected the SNR values drop (if this means anything)

When TV cable not connected to splitter
When TV cable connected to splitter

To the best of my knowledge this is the entry point in the living room

I try to connect this using the splitter. I tried with/without the plasticts on

Best,

Daniel

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

This is an old wall socket, there should be a contemporary one.
Unfortunately, Ziggo technicians are not allowed to come so quickly because of the Corona virus, only if your internet continues to fail.

Can you trie it without this plastic cap?

The plastic cap can prevent the splitter from entering the wall socket deep enough.

DanielKP
Topicstarter
Level 1
  • 3Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 1Likes

Hi! It seems that the problem is gone once I bought a new coax cable for the TV (Class A++, better shielded). Now there are no errors and the modem does not restart. Thanks for your help! Best, Daniel

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21925Likes

Thanks for your update, you found it, this can help others to.

Have a nice day.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic