Reacties
PDLROY

Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Internet down with the error: "No RF signal detected"

Hi,

Every day I'm getting my internet disconnected (the pattern seems to be late in the evening 23:00 - 0:00).

Usually, it disconnects and then gets back to normal again without any action from my side.

Yesterday I was able to log in at the Modem status page and found the error message from the Internet status: "No RF signal detected".

With the Connectbox Giga modem flashing in white and later, it turned from flashing white to a red still light.

I tried to restart the modem but had no effect at the time. Only this morning, without any further action, the internet was back again.

This is SUPER annoying because it keeps me disconnecting during this time every day.

Tried to call Ziggo Klantenservice but they suggested me asking here.

Can anyone help, please?

I'm using the Ziggo Connectbox Giga in Modem mode and I don't think my Netgear router is the problem.

Thanks.

Oplossingen

Geaccepteerde oplossingen
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15503Likes

I realize I might not have been totally clear, sorry about that. By 'connecting directly to the AOP', I meant connecting directly to the wall socket, bypassing the splitter. Your wall socket was upgraded internally, but its outer frame is not compatible with the POA-01-B's plastic shell. In such cases, this plastic shell should always be removed to ensure proper contact between splitter and socket.

Bekijk in context

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi @Marijn- thanks for that.

It seems this specific issue now is solved after removing the plastic part.
Can you please cancel the technician visit today? Thanks

Bekijk in context

67 Reacties 67
tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15503Likes

The modem indicates it is unable to receive a (usable) signal. I do see some (16) unlocked DS channels, so it is receiving something.

Could you post one or more pictures of AOP (main socket inside utility closet ('meterkast') or in living room) and cables, plus splitter(s) and signal amplifier, as applicable?

Additionally, could you post the modem’s downstream/upstream data, both when the problem occurs and when the internet connection is working normally? Instructions can be found here.

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi @tobiastheebe ,

thanks for your response.

Here are the screenshots with the downstream/upstream when this happened.

I will get the pictures for the AOP.

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Here's the socket. The Ziggo technician came here like a month ago and changed it, but this is still an issue happening...

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15503Likes

I have seen this exact issue before, on another customer's Connect Box Giga modem (this topic).

The modem fails to retrieve the actual EuroDOCSIS 3.0 channels (which reside on 602-850 MHz) and instead attempts to lock these unusable channels (which I believe to be DOCSIS 3.1 subcarriers) as ED 3.0 channels, which obviously is not working.

I believe this is a configuration issue on Ziggo's side. I am not sure if more information is known about this issue and/or if a permanent fix is being prepared. A moderator might be able to shed more light on this.

A moderator (Ziggo employee) will visit this topic within 2-3 days. Please fill out/verify your address details and update them if necessary.

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

hi @tobiastheebe @thanks! How can I officially address that? Because this is really affecting my business and gaming. Thanks.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15503Likes

Since we now have two forums topics and two Connect Box Giga modems exhibiting this exact issue, we should have gathered valuable information for Ziggo to work on. I expect a moderator will chime in today or tomorrow.

KBX458

Oud Community-lid
  • 8462Posts
  • 377Oplossingen
  • 2929Likes

Ik heb het voorval onder de aandacht van het moderatieteam gebracht.

Jacob
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
  • 4139Posts
  • 338Oplossingen
  • 1663Likes

Thanks for the explanation, @PDLROY. Do you think it's an idea that we schedule a technician again who can see and improve things?

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15503Likes

@Jacob I very much doubt a technician will be able to resolve/improve this situation. We are most likely dealing with a modem/CMTS configuration problem.

@PDLROY Is the internet connection working right now? If so, could you post the full downstream/upstream data?

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi @Jacob , I don't think a technician will help too. I already had a visit a month ago. All he checked was the cables and speed (which we found another issue with the infra as there's no 1GB available at my street but this is another subject and he told me it would be addressed as well).

Right now my internet works fine. Usually, it all works fine. But I can see from my router logs that I have daily hiccups where the internet disconnects and reconnect without further action.

Attaching a screenshot with the current status and also a screenshot with the latest occurrence (log from my router)

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

The ConnectBox network log is not helpful as there's no recent information either. That's all I have.

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15503Likes

Your modem is exhibiting the exact same behavior as the CBG in the other topic that I referred to. After an outage ('no RF signal', no DS ED 3.0 channels locked, no US), the downstream/upstream is restored, as if the outage never happened.

The data indicates that noise is present on some of the ED 3.0 channels and the D 3.1 OFDM channel. Furthermore, I count 28 locked DS channels, which should be 32... However, this does not explain the outage condition being triggered.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21927Likes

@tobiastheebe schreef: "very much doubt a technician will be able to resolve/improve this situation."

@PDLROY wrote: "I don't think a technician will help too."

I think only a second mechanic can solve your problem.

If a 1st mechanic can't solve the problem or it is clear that there is more going on, then another mechanic will come who can measure more, this can only be done from the inside out, they have equipment to measure the quality of the outer cable with a pulse and can measure each incoming frequency separately. 

They may also carry out repairs in the street cabinet and, if necessary, give orders for even deeper research and/or repairs within the Ziggo network.

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Hi @Bert thanks for your help. The things you have described are exactly what the first technician already checked. And everything was fine. Speed and sinal strength. But that’s not my issue. Again, right now, got disconnected for few seconds. And I’m connected again without any further actions. It happens once or twice a day and I’m getting super frustrated. 

tobiastheebe

Level 20
T.E.A.M.
  • 31066Posts
  • 2181Oplossingen
  • 15503Likes

When the modem is operating normally, a technician will have a very hard time to diagnose this problem by verifying the DS/US signal, especially since the problem only appears to happen after 23:00.

In my opinion, having a moderator set up a remote signal analysis (one that spans multiple days) is a better option at this time. An analysis like this would confirm/deny whether signal disruptions/anomalies occur at/around 23:00.

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21927Likes

@PDLROY wrote: "The things you have described are exactly what the first technician already checked. And everything was fine."

Did he use 2 different measuring devices, 1 to pulse and a large measuring device with a big screen in a big metal case?

Or was it only a handheld device?

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Yes, all of this. 

Bert

Level 21
T.E.A.M.
  • 75187Posts
  • 5145Oplossingen
  • 21927Likes

Then it will have to happen again.

There is no other way to find and fix this kind of problem.

PDLROY
Topicstarter
Level 4
  • 34Posts
  • 1Oplossingen
  • 3Likes

Ok, that’s fine. Let’s do this.

E-mail notificaties
Aan Uit

Ontvang een update bij nieuwe reacties in dit topic.

Uitgelicht topic